WWE: Monday Night Raw Part 187 - My Man! Plus Brie attempting to injure other wrestlers in Botchmode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Also, Drake Maverick with AOP is hilarious.

I'd like to think they threw him in with them solely for the hilarity of those two behemoths just annihilating some little tyke, when they inevitably fire him.

I'm guessing he's from 205 Live? Never seen him before.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The Shield beats down Braun last week...
Michael Cole " WHAT A MOMENT! I HAVE GOTTEN GOOSEBUMPS"

The Shield gets beat down this week...
Michael Cole "THIS IS DISGUSTING!"

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Two weeks in a row now that the "new" shield has been left in shambles to close a show.

Just means they'll likely go on an invincible streak soon, probably culminating in Rollins/Ambrose getting the tag belts.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Mcintyre/Ziggler won the RAW tag titles last night. Good for them. I think Mcintyre's on the verge of great things in the WWE.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'd like to think they threw him in with them solely for the hilarity of those two behemoths just annihilating some little tyke, when they inevitably fire him.

I'm guessing he's from 205 Live? Never seen him before.

Yeah, he is the 205 Live General Manager.

But he's Face.

But now hes managing a heel tag team.

It just doesn't make sense but I find it hilarious

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah, he is the 205 Live General Manager.

But he's Face.

But now hes managing a heel tag team.

It just doesn't make sense but I find it hilarious

So what happens on 205, then, do they just appoint a new GM? Or will Maverick be pulling double duty?

Imagine if Kurt Angle showed up on Smackdown as Samoa Joe's manager, totally random. :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So what happens on 205, then, do they just appoint a new GM? Or will Maverick be pulling double duty?

Imagine if Kurt Angle showed up on Smackdown as Samoa Joe's manager, totally random. :laugh:

Who knows honestly.

Like, AOP needed a mouthpiece. Everyone knew it. Why they took Ellering away, I'll never know.

But why not just bring Ellering back? Or, it's reported that they are looking for a way to keep Paul Heyman on TV, why not give him AOP?

Drake... he's already the GM of a brand, the audience is used to him as a face, and he doesn't fit the look.

Ellering was awesome because he looked a bit like a bond villain, and Akam and Rezar were his henchmen.

Drake looked like someone dressing up for halloween :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Two weeks in a row now that the "new" shield has been left in shambles to close a show.

Just means they'll likely go on an invincible streak soon, probably culminating in Rollins/Ambrose getting the tag belts.

I have no doubt that pretty soon The Shield will hold every male title on RAW.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The Shield beats down Braun last week...
Michael Cole " WHAT A MOMENT! I HAVE GOTTEN GOOSEBUMPS"

The Shield gets beat down this week...
Michael Cole "THIS IS DISGUSTING!"

Did he call Roman Reigns "polarizing" again, too?

They like that word with regards to Roman, because it hints at "some" fans just not being too keen on the guy. :laugh:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Who knows honestly.

Like, AOP needed a mouthpiece. Everyone knew it. Why they took Ellering away, I'll never know.

But why not just bring Ellering back? Or, it's reported that they are looking for a way to keep Paul Heyman on TV, why not give him AOP?

Drake... he's already the GM of a brand, the audience is used to him as a face, and he doesn't fit the look.

Ellering was awesome because he looked a bit like a bond villain, and Akam and Rezar were his henchmen.

Drake looked like someone dressing up for halloween :laugh:
I believe Ellering didn't want to be on the road so much which is why he's no longer there. Drake Maverick looks like a 5 year old though... I lost it laughing when he came out.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I believe Ellering didn't want to be on the road so much which is why he's no longer there.

thats what everyone thought but he went on Twitter not long after and said he doesnt mind the travel at all

its Vince.

Reactions: Cor

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I believe Ellering didn't want to be on the road so much which is why he's no longer there. Drake Maverick looks like a 5 year old though... I lost it laughing when he came out.

That was the initial believed reason, but Ellering himself denied that. He tweeted shortly after his release.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
thats what everyone thought but he went on Twitter not long after and said he doesnt mind the travel at all

its Vince.

It is frustrating.

HHH and his crew help to get guys over in NXT, and get their characters to work. Vince eventually takes those people, and rather than intigrating them successfully, they change and mess up why they were over. If it is not an immediate change, it's certain to come at some point.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Did he call Roman Reigns "polarizing" again, too?

They like that word with regards to Roman, because it hints at "some" fans just not being too keen on the guy. :laugh:
Don't forget "Bizzaro-World" :laugh:

The polarizing adjective I think started with Cena when he was getting more boos than cheers while the company was projecting him as the top babyface. The problem is Roman is not Cena, no matter how hard Vince wants him to be.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It is frustrating.

HHH and his crew help to get guys over in NXT, and get their characters to work. Vince eventually takes those people, and rather than intigrating them successfully, they change and mess up why they were over. If it is not an immediate change, it's certain to come at some point.

Could you imagine if Ciampa and Gargano just randomly hugged after a match (Sasha/Bailey) and went back to being a tag team DIY? :laugh: Could you imagine if Gargano came out and helped Ciampa attack a face team just because? (Owens/Braun)

It's so brutal. It's not even wrestling fans just complaining, it's just the dumbest writing i've ever seen.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Could you imagine if Ciampa and Gargano just randomly hugged after a match (Sasha/Bailey) and went back to being a tag team DIY? :laugh: Could you imagine if Gargano came out and helped Ciampa attack a face team just because? (Owens/Braun)

It's so brutal. It's not even wrestling fans just complaining, it's just the dumbest writing i've ever seen.

Maybe the writing called for "all the heels" to run out and help Strowman, and either KO missed his cue or no one realized, "hey, maybe KO should hang back because it makes zero sense for him to be out there right now".

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Ellering was too "old school" (emphasis on old) for Vince I bet. Maverick is a great talker and looks like a kid, but all that said I'm not sure he fits this role even if he might be worthy of a main roster manager spot.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I only watched the last part of that episode last night...followed the bulk of the show on Twitter. Just a weird show from the sounds of it.

Drew and Dolph are tag champs...okay.

They're ALL IN on making Braun a heel heading into HITC. I guess I need to watch the beginning of the show to understand the context of the bum rush at the end of the show. I can understand Braun/Dolph/Drew fighting the Shield on their own but why the rest of the heels? Seeing KO...don't get me started with that...and what the hell is Elias doing? Drew Gulak too? It seems all too random.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Short list of hilariously laughable logic holes from last night

-Shield get arrested for....something
- Finn Balor is the first one to come running when Corbin calls out superstars for help
- Brie Bella appears on both RAW and Smackdown
- The Bella’s who haven’t wrestled in three years beat a team who have been beating Banks and Bayley routinely for the past several months
-Kevin Owens appears the very next week after quitting
-Drake Maverick, the babyface GM, is now the heel manager of AoP....while still being the babyface GM
-Kevin Owens sides with Braun Strowman after months of Strowman trying to kill him
-They announce Shield refuses medical attention, despite Seth Rollins bleeding out like a stuck pig from his arm.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Drake's bio on the WWE website still has him in a dorky bowtie and lists him as the 205 GM.....there's some related vids/pics about him aligning with AoP but no updated bio.

Introduced to fans by SmackDown LIVE GM Daniel Bryan, WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick wants nothing more than to see his show soar to unparalleled heights.
Arriving on the purple brand with a bang in January 2018, the man in charge immediately established a new era and delighted the WWE Universe by announcing a 16-man tournament to determine a new WWE Cruiserweight Champion. Per Maverick, the epic tourney will run right up to WrestleMania 34 with a new titleholder being crowned on The Grandest Stage of Them All!

Maverick wears his passion on his sleeve every time he speaks about his vision for 205 Live, declaring his desire to make sure Team Purple lives up to its moniker as “the most exciting hour on television” by touting the incredible abilities of some of the brand’s top Cruiserweights and doling out tough love to underachieving competitors in order to make his show that much stronger.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Short list of hilariously laughable logic holes from last night

-Shield get arrested for....something
- Finn Balor is the first one to come running when Corbin calls out superstars for help
- Brie Bella appears on both RAW and Smackdown
- The Bella’s who haven’t wrestled in three years beat a team who have been beating Banks and Bayley routinely for the past several months
-Kevin Owens appears the very next week after quitting
-Drake Maverick, the babyface GM, is now the heel manager of AoP....while still being the babyface GM
-Kevin Owens sides with Braun Strowman after months of Strowman trying to kill him
-They announce Shield refuses medical attention, despite Seth Rollins bleeding out like a stuck pig from his arm.

Par for the course, I'd say.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I like how they didn't even like explain why Kevin Owens is back when he quit LAST WEEK.

Did Baron Corbin or Stephanie McMahon convince him to stay? Why is he attacking Lashley? Why is he helping Braun?

My gut feeling is that Corbin convinced him to stay by giving him Braun's briefcase (and still giving Braun his match at HIAC) which will be revealed later on, but like, come on. You HAVE to give the audience something. Even a slight foreshadow.

Reactions: Fro

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Shield get arrested for wrestling on a wrestling show.
Shield steal a police vehicle to return that night...

It literally happens every time.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, imagine having something awesome like The Shield, and ruining it in a desperate attempt to get the one guy who isn't over, over.

The Shield is an awesome stable, which is awesome to play on in any sort of matchup between Rollins/Ambrose/Reigns or sporadic "common goal" reuinitings.

But the past what, 2 years has been a mismash of Shield reunions to try and help Reigns get over? It kinda went away when Ambrose got hurt, but came back immediatley.

I truly believe their product could be a lot more successful today if they utilized people properly, but they don't. They care about Roman Reigns and only Roman Reigns. Sorry, they also care about Triple H, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels apparently.

SmackDown is a better show simply because it's not entirely based around Roman Reigns. However, in the grand scheme of things, no one there is getting any sort of sizeable push in terms of the PPV's order, because they might overshadown Reigns.

Reactions: I Eat Crow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad