WWE: Monday Night Raw part 117: What is an Infinity Scarf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Generally I find those that got over due their wrestling skills are the ones who got over more organically and that the WWE didn't force down our throats. I would lump Macho Man and Mr. Perfect in that category. They weren't planned top guys but the crowd ate up their wrestling skills. They had great mic skills too, which of course helped when they decided to start pushing them, but I always find that the ones WWE decides to push first lack the wrestling skills, and those that the fans get behind have the wrestling skills.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wonder how many superstars will be entered into the tournament. 4 or 8... maybe 6 with the main event being a triple threat.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
:sarcasm:

CTE8YykWUAELgkz.jpg:large

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Reigns
ADR

Ambrose
Owens

Cesaro
???

Show
??? (Lesnar/Cena)

is what I'd guess. You just know WWE is getting one of Lesnar or Cena back on the show ASAP unless Bryan is coming back.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cesaro could go against Stardust. It'd be a good way to progress that story that's still early.

Reigns
ADR

Ambrose
Owens

Cesaro
Stardust

Show
Lesnar/Cena

Reigns over ADR, Owens over Ambrose, Cesaro over Stardust, Lesnar/Cena over Show. And then **** it, do a fatal four way final. Fatal four way elimination.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Reigns
ADR

Ambrose
Owens

Cesaro
Stardust

Show
Lesnar/Cena

Reigns over ADR, Owens over Ambrose, Cesaro over Stardust, Lesnar/Cena over Show. And then **** it, do a fatal four way final. Fatal four way elimination.

If they get Lesnar for the show, I'd prefer Lesnar-Cesaro 2nd round. I don't care if it's only ten minutes. That would be a hell of a match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If it did happen, you'd know Lesnar would win the title in the finals because no one is getting the streak rub at Survivor Series of all places. That's Wrestlemania worthy. At least in a fatal-four way final, you don't need to have Lesnar win, but he also doesn't eat a pin. Who comes out with the title, though? Do you rush it on to Reigns? Do you put it on Owens to hold both the IC and WWE World title? Do you give Cesaro a chance? Do you put it on Lesnar and hope you can get him to work TLC and the Rumble before WM? Or do you leave Lesnar and Cena out if Bryan is cleared to compete and put Bryan in there with the title and hope he can boost numbers?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Shamus won't be in the tournament, he's in a tag team with Barret and has the brief case why give him 2 chances? (I know they did it with Rollins but eint nobody wanna see Shamus as champ right now!!)

They should have still had Reigns in the match because he already won a tournament and then have Lesnar come back because he was screwed out of his title rematch by Taker. Then you have Lesnar vs Reigns at SS so we don't have to see it again at WM.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
At the risk of being heckled mercilessly, is it not possible that they accelerate the ascension of Finn Balor?

Owens showed you could hold the NXT belt and still be a factor on the main roster. Samoa Joe or Hideo Itami are natural progressions for NXT Champ. With the absolute annihilation of the main guys, I have a feeling we could see a "mystery entrant" into the tournament.... and one of Balor's freaking epic entrances.

All said, if it's an 8 man tourney, here goes :

Reigns
Ambrose
Stardust
Cesaro
Owens
Ryback
Sting
Balor

Whoever wins, Sheamus cashes in at the end of the tournament and walks away with the strap.

Also, does this finally push the envelope for Vince to reach out to Jeff Hardy? This may be straight up desperation now...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
At the risk of being heckled mercilessly, is it not possible that they accelerate the ascension of Finn Balor?

Owens showed you could hold the NXT belt and still be a factor on the main roster. Samoa Joe or Hideo Itami are natural progressions for NXT Champ. With the absolute annihilation of the main guys, I have a feeling we could see a "mystery entrant" into the tournament.... and one of Balor's freaking epic entrances.

All said, if it's an 8 man tourney, here goes :

Reigns
Ambrose
Stardust
Cesaro
Owens
Ryback
Sting
Balor

Whoever wins, Sheamus cashes in at the end of the tournament and walks away with the strap.

Also, does this finally push the envelope for Vince to reach out to Jeff Hardy? This may be straight up desperation now...

Yes, because Balor shouldn't lose on his debut night (if the intention is to do the tournament in one night at SS).

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Nah.

Tourney ends when all 8 versions of Reigns go for a 4 minute rest spot and everybody gets counted out.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WrestleZone has a report that cites The Wrestling Observer that says he's fine to wrestle after his injury.

I haven't seen the WON report this. The only thing close to something like that is that WWE may look at getting Sting involved for Survivor Series' elimination tag match IF he's healthy enough to compete.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Perfect opportunity to get Chad Gable up to the main roster and let him start a good 5-6 year run as WWE Champion. Just an option I'd consider...

This all points to this: Reigns wins tournament in a callback to Survivor Series 1998 which was a callback to 1997. I'm against this not because it is Reigns, but because it will mean more Authority on TV and that is just poison. The last thing I want is for them to look at the ratings and decide that more "Steph emasculates the roster and never gets a comeuppance" is needed.

Lesnar's not coming in, because I'm sure they don't want to pay him to wrestle 2-3 times on a single show.

Rushing Cena back would kill the morale of the roster that is left so i hope they don't do that.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
As much as I don't like the idea of Shaemus being champion, I am intrigued by the idea of the MITB holder being champ without using his MITB briefcase. Gives him insurance should he lose the belt and then his rematch clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad