WWE: Monday Night Raw 193: Complete and utter bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think crowds like that, and it's probably an increasing number, I wonder how how many of them are watching the product, and just showing up because they're in town. Like it's probably a big gap between those and actual hardcore fans.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That’s Vince.

It is a town they go to regularly. Green Bay is another one. I don’t get how these small towns moved ahead of a place like Calgary.

Vince hated Calgary for years because of Bret and the Owen thing. They didn't come here for a long time after all that I think.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Raw's been in Calgary 6 times it looks like. 2001, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010, and 2013, with the latest having a main event of Curtis Axel beating John Cena by count out. Also did Smackdown in 2002 and 2011.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I usually hate “making history” promos because they always come off sounding awful. Creative should never send their faces out there to cut that promo.

That said I don’t mind Sasha and Bayley gushing a bit over their win. It clearly means a lot to them, and them being genuine about that even if they trip all over themselves isn’t the end of the world. It was a lot more heartwarming Sunday night though so diminishing returns is a big thing.

Just don’t have them keep cutting that promo.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I usually hate “making history” promos because they always come off sounding awful. Creative should never send their faces out there to cut that promo.

That said I don’t mind Sasha and Bayley gushing a bit over their win. It clearly means a lot to them, and them being genuine about that even if they trip all over themselves isn’t the end of the world. It was a lot more heartwarming Sunday night though so diminishing returns is a big thing.

They trip over themselves no matter what tbf.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I feel that in front of a better crowd, it would have come off better.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel that in front of a better crowd, it would have come off better.
Their promo soured because you could tell they were scripted to say a line and wait for a big reaction from the crowd that never came

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

So that's a verifiable rebound in the ratings

Oct 18, 2011
Watched the condensed version. High point of the show was Ricochet debut everything else was your standard overwritten acting starting with the two wannabe bushwhackers.

Almost all the promos these days are trash. Finn Balor is an outstanding wrestler but when he talks I only hear a guy remembering lines

Also why does Baron Corbin wrestle in dress attire? Do ppl think he's good?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Watched the condensed version. High point of the show was Ricochet debut everything else was your standard overwritten acting starting with the two wannabe bushwhackers.

Almost all the promos these days are trash. Finn Balor is an outstanding wrestler but when he talks I only hear a guy remembering lines

Also why does Baron Corbin wrestle in dress attire? Do ppl think he's good?

I don’t think Baron is great but I kinda enjoyed his 80s villain look and promos before the whole dress attire crap.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I've said it once. I'll say it a million times. Baron Corbin has an excellent move set and he performs them very very well. End of Days. Deep Six (is f***ing gorgeous) and even the throw into the corner, slide under the rope, run around/slide back in the ring and then clothesline the guy is nice.

It's generally the in between moves where he struggles. He's basically a power moves spot monkey and that's okay.

Constable Corbin was actually entertaining and his best work until they over exposed the f*** out of him.

But no. It doesn't really make sense he's still wrestling in the dress clothes.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I don't mind Corbin either, and yeah that little turnbuckle do-si-do he does is flawless every time. :laugh:

Not sure if he'll ever be a main event guy but I'd be fine with him gunning for the IC or US title.

They should think about bringing back more championships, IMO.

Bring back the Hardcore title (with 24/7 rules in effect, naturally).

Bring back the European title.

End the brand split, keep the two main shows at 5 total hours, and write storylines from there.

Why not? :dunno:

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Corbin is talented. He pulls off his moveset to perfection. He has an awesome entrance. Now that he shaved his head, he looks a lot better as well.

Just, as others have mentioned, his ring gear needs to chance, and then he's a very good Upper Midcard Heel.

Reactions: Prairie Oyster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad