WWE: Monday Night Raw 193: Complete and utter bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the main event was DIY vs. Revival, the crowd probably would leave thinking it’s the dark match or 205 live

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Someone brought up running college towns for TV’s — this was a college town. Cajundome home of the Univ. of Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Someone brought up running college towns for TV’s — this was a college town. Cajundome home of the Univ. of Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns.

They are still selling tons of tickets in the big city's. They won't sacrifice the bottom line for a cheer.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They are still selling tons of tickets in the big city's. They won't sacrifice the bottom dollar for a cheer.
The point I was making is that they should only run big cities. Vince is big on perception, he’s gets pissed when crowds don’t react, because when they don’t it makes the shows look worse than they are. You’re supposed to sit at home and wish you could be in the crowd. It would be different if the show was bad but it wasn’t.

Reactions: The Apologist

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The point I was making is that they should only run big cities. Vince is big on perception, he’s gets pissed when crowds don’t react, because when they don’t it makes the shows look worse than they are. You’re supposed to sit at home and wish you could be in the crowd. It would be different if the show was bad but it wasn’t.

You have to hook people in long term to actually care about these matches. When Triple H is out there for the 30th year in a row you might doubt the quality. There hasn't been one feud that has been consistent from start to finish in the last 10 years. Ciampa and Johnny Wrestling is the closest they've came. Maybe Punk/Jericho, but even that was laboured and just wrong the way they went about it.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I did a little research, the last time they were in Lafayette was a Smackdown in September highlighted by Shinsuke vs Jeff Hardy in a no contest and Rusev Day winning a no 1 contenders match versus The Bar. It was also the one where Becky dressed as a fan in glasses hopped the rail and attacked Charlotte.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That crowd killed RAW.
It was just weird in general. We just had six NXT callups (okay, five) and now we get the four top NXT talents (sans Dream and Cole) on this show in some of the most anticlimatic debuts/arrivals (that opening wasn’t so good), have DIY go through their story and jump straight into teaming (ugh) and beating the champs, Black is dominated in his match vs. Elias, you have this weird shit with Heavy Machinery and Lacey Evans, Ambrose is jobbed out, Sasha and Bayley had an awful promo and then you have a main event that ultimately meant nothing and you ran short on time to do whatever angle you may have wanted to run.

The layout of the show has been weird for a while and they’re trying to change it up but it still feels like “same old WWE, but this time attempting something different but it’s not working” compared to “this is fresh and fun WWE.”

I don’t know. The crowd didn’t help, it was f***ing awful, but the show was weird from the very beginning.

Reactions: Fro

Mike Louis

Feb 7, 2010
Honolulu, HI
WWE needs to go to USA Network and change the commercial break format so they do commercial breaks between the matches (no more interrupting a match or angle with commercials) and no commercial breaks during the last 15 minutes of the show.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I agree this whole show was weird. None 9f it makes sense unless you look at it as laying the ground work for an NXT invasion angle.

Think about it...

Triple H opens the show with announcing the debut of several big NXT stars, establishes NXT as the third main brand, and throws both Charlotte & Rhonda, the chosen ones by Stephanie and Vince under the bus by saying their beat down was "really frickin cool".

It will be interesting to see if Triple H shows up on Smackdown tomorrow with more NXT stars or the ones that debuted tonight.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
When I saw reports of those 4 guys being backstage, didn't buy for a second they were all debuting. NXT main event scene just got gutted on front of a dead crowd :(

Reactions: FultonReed

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It was really a lame way to introduce them. Especially because it’s clear at least DIY isn’t done on NXT yet (Black might be). Just hold off until you actually have things for them to do.

Reactions: FultonReed

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Inb4 Dream and Cole are on smackdown tomorrow and Vince is kill information NXT because it's too over :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad