Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
tenor.gif

Reactions: TD Charlie

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Why even bother getting invested with this company? Everything is stale. Everything is predictable.

This road to wrestlemania sucks and it only started.

Reactions: Fro

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
What I hate the most about this booking is that you could have 2 4*+ women matches at WM (Ronda vs Becky, Charlotte vs Asuka), but now what the **** are they going to do? The triple threat will still be a great match even though the build might suck. The only Asuka's match is great is if they move Ember to Smackdown as they've had a couple great showings in NXT. Wouldn't even surprise me if we get like a fatal 4 way with Naomi, Carmella and Mandy vs Asuka at this point.

Oct 18, 2011
So I read they made Becky apologise and still suspended her...way to make her look like an idiot if my interpretation is correct

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if theres not a good match for Asuka. dont do one. this is what i hate about overbooking this long shows.
nothing interests me... maybe Nikki? they had a killer last man(?) in nxt. but i dont want a match just to have a match. i guess there is time to build but i dont care for anyone in smackdown.
maybe nxt/uk? (see im doing it myself... i just dont know)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Revival vs. Roode/Gable - ****

It was a great match, and proved why the Revival deserve to be pushed.

It’s a damn shame it got buried in the third hour, and their promo afterward bled into the Becky segment. Even in winning the titles they get treated like shit.

Just let them go to AEW and wrestle 20 Star matches with the Bucks. Only thing stopping Dave from giving that match all the stars is because it wouldn’t be in the Tokyo Dome.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bryan vs Seth
Demon Finn vs Brock
Asuka vs Charlotte
Becky vs Rhonda

That is what it should have been and I probably would have been fully invested.

Current situation does nothing for me.

I legit would have considered getting tickets somehow for Mania if that was the card. Four killer feuds instead of one super over heel(DB) and zero feuds.

This road to wrestlemania is stale as it gets.

Honestly the story of Becky getting screwed isn’t the worst idea, but the problem is how Charlotte is just shoehorned into it. It doubles because you are now devoting the top women on both shows to one RAW feud. A feud that barely involves the actual champ (this is now Becky vs Charlotte/Authorty. Ronda is a side player now), and you make your SD champ look like a Super chump.

It is just stupid, and all for the sake of forcing Charlotte into this match.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
There's gotta be a swerve or something else coming. Just has to be.

Pretty telling how they didnt show HHH or Steph's reaction to Vince's moronic decision. You'd think they would know what's "best for business", having just forced the hottest ticket in town to bend the knee a minute earlier.

Seeing Vince just walk in, ramble incoherently and then destroy what they'd built up as a massive Wrestlemania match, it makes absolutely zero sense.

I guess they're embracing the heat for Charlotte and turning her into some corporate heel. Which makes sense, it's blatantly obvious that creative gives her one underserved title shot after another. Now at least they're open about it. :laugh:

Reactions: TD Charlie

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It makes a lot of sense because it got HEAT.

Randomly changing things up just for the sake of cheap heat? Is that the direction Vince wants to go, creatively?

Like in some boardroom, "Wow, Becky is insanely over with the fans right now, she just won Wrestlemania and should main event against Ronda. Let's **** up those plans completely and rob her and the fans of that moment. I like Charlotte."

Also, I like his ham-fisted "you're not the man, I'm the man" line. I guess we're supposed to forget Vince runs the company that green-lit merchandise for Becky that says THE MAN right on the front, in big bold letters. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Randomly changing things up just for the sake of cheap heat? Is that the direction Vince wants to go, creatively?

Like in some boardroom, "Wow, Becky is insanely over with the fans right now, she just won Wrestlemania and should main event against Ronda. Let's **** up those plans completely and rob her and the fans of that moment. I like Charlotte."

Ronda vs. Charlotte was the original plan going back a year. There were changes to it in the interim, but they didn't change things up randomly, this was a planned direction whether it being since last year's Wrestlemania, or Survivor Series.

Also, I like his ham-fisted "you're not the man, I'm the man" line. I guess we're supposed to forget Vince runs the company that green-lit merchandise for Becky that says THE MAN right on the front, in big bold letters. :laugh:

Vince doesn't think you're that smart to think of stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad