WWE: Monday Night Raw 192: Mania sign pointing season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Putting Charlotte in makes it a lock to close the show imo. The whole idea is that they wanted 2 women’s not named Ronda to be able to walk around and be able to say they main evented Wrestlemania

It probably will. It absolutely should not though.

This is nothing against Charlotte. She’s far better than most will give her credit for.

But the story just is nowhere near as good this way. Triple threats should almost never main event Mania.

Becky/Ronda > Seth/Brock > Becky/Ronda/Charlotte

Reactions: KIRK

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

This is nothing against Charlotte. She’s far better than most will give her credit for.

But the story just is nowhere near as good this way. Triple threats should almost never main event Mania.

Seth/Brock isn’t exactly lighting the world on fire either.

The only good thing now is Daniel Bryan, but he doesn’t even have a feud.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’m just not invested in a triple threat. I’m far more invested in a singles match... that’s not saying the triple threat won’t be good, but it just kind of takes away the build.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I’m just not invested in a triple threat. I’m far more invested in a singles match... that’s not saying the triple threat won’t be good, but it just kind of takes away the build.

It completely ruins the build.

Ronda’s first and only loss is going to come in a triple threat? Seriously? What a waste.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There is no reason for Charlotte to even be in the match. They couldn’t even make up a kayfabe reason. Vince just shoehorned her in.

At least when they had Randy give up his title shot a few years ago, they went through the motions of finding a new contender in kayfabe.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Everything feels lifeless heading into Wrestlemania.

For one, I don't know why you have TWO PPVs in between the Rumble and Wrestlemania. That's stupid overkill.

Second, Becky is so hot she should be in the main event in a singles match. That's not happening.

Rollins was stupid hot through the summer and instead of winning the title at Summerslam, he's going to be win the title 8 months later when his reactions are a fraction of what they were in the summer.

It all feels so dull and lifeless on Raw, whereas Smackdown is a f***ing awesome show but they don't have a set challenger for Bryan yet (I'd still go Joe here, or if they move Wyatt over, do that.).

I remember years ago I contemplated not watching Wrestlemania, and @ColePens told me "it's our Christmas, we're all going to watch it." And I'm not calling out Cole here, but I watched it and it was awful (I think that was the Roman/HHH WM). The talent is capable of so much, but the booking is so bad and lifeless, or they wait too long to pull the trigger on something, or even when they have this HUGE star, they have to shoehorn THEIR guy/gal into it. Ugh.

Wrestling is supposed to be fun, and while NXT and Smackdown are fun, their main brand is simply not fun nor are they particularly good.

Reactions: KIRK and Sheppy

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Don't really like the idea of a gimmick match ending wrestlemania. Also I've been over Charlotte for a while, she just bores me in the ring for the last year or so fighting the same match over and over again.

Let Becky and Ronda go at it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I was all about a Becky v Ronda main event. Triple threat just waters it down. A lot.
Hopefully they figure it out and fix it, making it just a singles match. Sorry to Charlotte, it’s just not her time here.

Such a frustrating decision. Do not understand this one.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I was all about a Becky v Ronda main event. Triple threat just waters it down. A lot.
Hopefully they figure it out and fix it, making it just a singles match. Sorry to Charlotte, it’s just not her time here.

Such a frustrating decision. Do not understand this one.

As someone who 100% expected to see a triple threat match all along, I still think this is about Becky winning at Mania without Ronda losing. This way, Ronda leaves still strong, and when she returns after her vacation, you can get Horsewomen versus Horsewomen and the eventual Ronda v. Becky at Mania 2020.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
As someone who 100% expected to see a triple threat match all along, I still think this is about Becky winning at Mania without Ronda losing. This way, Ronda leaves still strong, and when she returns after her vacation, you can get Horsewomen versus Horsewomen and the eventual Ronda v. Becky at Mania 2020.

Man I hope you’re wrong. That would be such an utter failure.

Rocky Balboa beats Ivan Drago...by beating someone else in the ring.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Eeexxxxxactly

I get the idea of the triple threat is to keep a strong champion in defeat, i just don’t think it matters here. As long as they aren’t jobbing our Rousey in 4 minutes it works. 20 minutes. Some near falls. Ref bump. A little bit of dirty tactics on both sides. Ultimately the experience of Becky wins out.

Rousey goes on hiatus to hone her skills and regroup then comes back the same way she did when she made the debut.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Agreed. Becky defeating Ronda in the main event, in a singles match would be f***ing awesome. That way, you can almost play it out as Ronda leaving because she’s “embarrassed”... similar to the UFC thing.

Now, you get someone other than Ronda taking the pin and it kind of takes away from it. I mean I get that Ronda would be pissed, but it doesn’t have the impact a clean loss would.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They will do every trick to make it work. It worked at Wrestlemania 20 and 30.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Oh, I hope I'm wrong too.

I do NOT think Ronda wins.

IF Becky doesn't win, then I only see 2 other alternatives . . .

1. Charlotte wins by beating Becky and they set up another 6 months of THAT feud. God help us if THAT happens.

2. Ronda's friends interfere, setting THEM up as heels. Ronda goes on vacation, and we get the build towards Horsewomen versus Horsewomen.

I just think NO MATTER WHAT Ronda doesn't lose clean at Mania.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I get the idea of "keeping Ronda strong" with a .triple threat....but how would losing to the most over wrestler in the ENTIRE INDUSTRY atm take anything away from her?

I mean, if kyle Lowry lost a 1v1 basketball game to lebron 21-19, that wouldn't make him "look weak"

This seems more about Roman-ing Charlotte Flair than anything

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
They could have had after Mania;
Rollins as WWE Champion
Balor as Universal Champion
Becky as RAW Women's Champion
Asuka as Smackdown Women's Champion .

And yet they ****** all of it up in a matter of 3 hours. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Beckys knee seemed just fine :laugh: those punches on Ruby by Rousey :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad