WWE: Monday Night Raw 190: Mean Gene-o-Mania! Put out that cigarette!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The problem isn’t letting them wrestle it’s that they are all geeks.

Sasha and Bayley are a face tag team in a women’s scene with no tag team division and since they’re faces, have no where to go. Same with Ember. The Trish/Lita thing better be real or they need to turn heel. Or both.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm interested in seeing what they do with Nikki Cross.....or SAnitY, for that matter. Seems like they're not around a whole lot.

Don't really know much about any of the NXT callups or where they're headed, except for EC3 who's been around the block a few times.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Outside of Cross - those call ups are a general who cares. Clearly done to say they shook things up but really HHH wasn't going to let them take anything important to him right now.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Pretty sure these aren't all of the call-ups. I assume the bigger names (specifically Black), are gonna be surprises. I think none of these 6 are big enough to get a huge pop, which is why there's not much of a benefit to having them be surprises.

Also, if Black is in the Rumble, he needs to be a serious contender. If he gets jobbed, the character is instantly ruined.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If you put Black in the Rumble you need to give him similar (but better!) to the AJ Styles treatment. Have him come in at around 4 and go to the final 5 or so.

Instant star.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
End of the day the problem with Ronda is the problem I had with bringing her in from the get go.

She's so elevated above all the other women that it kinda makes your product look ****ty. You're more or less putting a big spotlight on the fact that the UFC girl can kick the **** out of anybody on your roster.

I agree. The problem with building up these "monsters" as Vince likes to do is once they are on top, there's no where interesting to go with their story other than having them get taken down by a smaller wrester. Then when that happens, you get a Kane or Big Show. Guys who Cole freaks out about when the enter as if everyone should be terrified even though that haven't won a match in 3 years.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I was fine with the women wrestling for an hour, it was the good hands like Bayley and Mickie and Nattie in there wrestling mostly so it was fine.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Also. I know he lost (as I expected), I'm taking a lot of comfort in what they're doing with Breeze right now.

Had a great competitive match with Ricochet. Had a very competitive showing against Dean Ambrose to the point he hit his signature moves and went to set up a finish when he got caught. It's the best booking he's had on the main roster. I just hope it's for something and not just that they've finally realized he's a good worker and can be used in these situations.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Outside of Cross - those call ups are a general who cares. Clearly done to say they shook things up but really HHH wasn't going to let them take anything important to him right now.

Nah, these call ups are clearly Vince call ups.

Vince sees EC3 and he sees the physique he fantazises about every night when he goes to bed.

He looks at Gargano and Ciampa and probably sees nothing. Looks at Dream and sees an homosexual.

That's Vince McMahon we are talking about. He rarely sees value in NXT guys WE like.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
watches McMahon segment: ok im on board

reads Xmas RAW spoilers: heh

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I....mean...it's kinda only Bayley who had her best match with Sasha at this point.

But reading this thread makes it clear MCG just a huge Sasha mark that ignores she's sucked for years now.
No. Before Becky’s rise on SD and the gimmick matches with Charlotte and Asuka, Becky, Charlotte, Bayley, Alexa, Nia, Asuka (main roster), Ruby had their best matches with Sasha, and the really bad ones like Dana were carried to watchable matches with her.

I’m not the biggest Sasha mark, but she is extremely talented and arguably the best worker in the division imho, and she doesn’t get any chance whatsoever to work longer form matches to show it anymore or have any meaningful storylines to sink her teeth into.

Reactions: Matt Riddle bro

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Oh, cool.

So we can watch Bayley/Sasha/[insert random third wheel here] vs. Riott Squad for 378th time, live? Good to know! :laugh:

Wonder if any of the callups will make their debut.

Have Nikki go ape-**** on Ronda for no reason, start a feud there.

Get Lars to lay out Strowman.

Heavy Machinery shows up and takes out Roode/Gable.

Something new. New is good. Well....usually.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
No. Before Becky’s rise on SD and the gimmick matches with Charlotte and Asuka, Becky, Charlotte, Bayley, Alexa, Nia, Asuka (main roster), Ruby had their best matches with Sasha, and the really bad ones like Dana were carried to watchable matches with her.

I’m not the biggest Sasha mark, but she is extremely talented and arguably the best worker in the division imho, and she doesn’t get any chance whatsoever to work longer form matches to show it anymore or have any meaningful storylines to sink her teeth into.

So...before...Becky, Charlotte & Asuka were actually given a chance to work a real match their best match was with Sasha? Super. Huge accomplishment. As soon as those 3 had a chance to shine they left Sasha so far behind. But okay. Sasha gets the best matches out of the worst workers on the roster.

She's at best fourth in that division.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So...before...Becky, Charlotte & Asuka were actually given a chance to work a real match their best match was with Sasha? Super. Huge accomplishment. As soon as those 3 had a chance to shine they left Sasha so far behind. But okay. Sasha gets the best matches out of the worst workers on the roster.

Literally their best matches away from Sasha were gimmick matches (TLC and LWS, and they were all within the past month and a half lol).

We’ll agree to disagree here because Sasha’s been the furthest thing away from a prominent spot this year and it’s hard to show how good you are when you work six-woman tags repeatedly with the same workers for months on end.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

This is definitely revisionist history you're trying to push here. Of course she got left behind when they had a chance to shine, because they got the chance to shine and she didn't. Charlotte, Becky, and Asuka aren't getting bogged down by having Ronda above her. If Ruby got a chance to run on her own instead of carrying around the Riot Squad, she would too, she's just as good as Becky or Charlotte at working. By the way, keep in mind they weren't trying to get Becky over either.

Two years ago crowds were hijacking matches with 'We Want Sasha' chants. There was a reason for that. And because Vince thought that, he made her put over Charlotte four times, and has basically been a dead character since, did garbage like switching a finish in her hometown, and then they put Alexa Bliss, who isn't a good worker at all on Raw and had nowhere for her to go.

They know her value is working good matches because she's forced to do the 20-minute nothing matches on Raw that don't mean anything and waste time while the others get major PPV matches. At last year's Rumble, they had her go 57 minutes, and then do 20 minutes the next night with Asuka because Vince wanted his two best women working each other on a show he thought people would be watching to look for Ronda. Put her Nattie last night to end the gauntlet match because they needed a hot finish.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Saying Sasha is the best woman on the roster with the best matches is like saying Carey Price is the best goalie in the NHL. That shit happened years ago. Time to move on.

I will fight each and every one of you in a rented barn.

Last edited:
Reactions: dahrougem2

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Wait for real? Lol I always remember them working live around NYE/NY.

They are off all the rest of the week after tonight thru Christmas then come back the day after for the big house show at MSG and one in Chicago and work thru the weekend. Then they are off again after Sunday the 30th and get back to normal around the 4th or 5th.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, I think both Becky & Charlotte are above Sasha in terms of in ring work right now, and Rousey is well on her way.

Sasha is probably #3 on my list, or 4. I think Rousey will surpass her by Mania.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad