Monday Night Raw #185

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
This week he performed with Corbin. He doesn't do that every week.

Corbin doesn't help but bad is still bad. As I've said before, all he does is come out, sing some popular song and then change the lyrics to mock the city he's in. It was kind of funny the first couple times but that's literally all he's been doing since he was brought up to the main roster. It's just so damn lazy. He's nothing special in the ring otherwise either. He's just an average guy who's gimmick is about as repetitive as the big dog always finding a way to win everything. But apparently the internet likes to cherry pick who to like and hate when both characters are super repetitive and boring.

Elias is good. Very good actually. He knows how to work a crowd. Don't be pissed because creative hasn't done squat with him since he started.

He's literally had about the level of a push that No Way Jose has had. None. He just goes out, does his schtick, and gets put into random matches. Difference is he knows how to manipulate an audience.

The only feud he's had that's lasted more than a month was so Cena could squash him on the way to getting squashed himself by Taker.

I don't even care about what kind of push anyone gets. Sami Zayn has never been boring to me despite his lack of push in his entire main roster career. What feuds has he even had on the main roster? Going back and forth with Kevin Owens, which of course is awesome, but other than that? Being fed to Bobby Lashley while he had 2 torn rotator cuffs? Despite the fact that I knew Zayn was going to get buried, I still watched because he's entertaining. Elias is not. If he can do something exciting other than play guitar and mock the city he's in, maybe I'll change my mind. But I feel like he'll be Corbin 2.0. A guy who the internet seems to love for a few months and then they realize how boring he really is and stops caring about him.

Feb 24, 2017
Corbin doesn't help but bad is still bad. As I've said before, all he does is come out, sing some popular song and then change the lyrics to mock the city he's in. It was kind of funny the first couple times but that's literally all he's been doing since he was brought up to the main roster. It's just so damn lazy. He's nothing special in the ring otherwise either. He's just an average guy who's gimmick is about as repetitive as the big dog always finding a way to win everything. But apparently the internet likes to cherry pick who to like and hate when both characters are super repetitive and boring.

I don't even care about what kind of push anyone gets. Sami Zayn has never been boring to me despite his lack of push in his entire main roster career. What feuds has he even had on the main roster? Going back and forth with Kevin Owens, which of course is awesome, but other than that? Being fed to Bobby Lashley while he had 2 torn rotator cuffs? Despite the fact that I knew Zayn was going to get buried, I still watched because he's entertaining. Elias is not. If he can do something exciting other than play guitar and mock the city he's in, maybe I'll change my mind. But I feel like he'll be Corbin 2.0. A guy who the internet seems to love for a few months and then they realize how boring he really is and stops caring about him.
People cheer Elias being there. They call and respond with the walk with Elias stuff. Fans boo Roman reigns when his music hits. When some team did a double finisher on him the crowd chanted “one more time”. This isn’t the Internet cherrypicking.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kaitlyn making a WWE comeback, going to be in the WWE 2018 Mae Young Classic.
She’s been working some indies but I haven’t heard much outside of her original return. She’s confident she’s gotten better having doing so. Just hope she doesn’t run into Maxine. I don’t know how soon or if she’s trying to be back in WWE on that schedule.

People cheer Elias being there. They call and respond with the walk with Elias stuff. Fans boo Roman reigns when his music hits. When some team did a double finisher on him the crowd chanted “one more time”. This isn’t the Internet cherrypicking.
Elias is a case similar to what they thought Bryan Danielson was - his gimmick and mannerisms being over and the crowd wanting to react to it but not the character.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2017
She’s been working some indies but I haven’t heard much outside of her original return. She’s confident she’s gotten better having doing so. Just hope she doesn’t run into Maxine. I don’t know how soon or if she’s trying to be back in WWE on that schedule.

Elias is a case similar to what they thought Bryan Danielson was - his gimmick and mannerisms being over and the crowd wanting to react to it but not the character.
I enjoy elias’ interactions with the crowd. And I’m a little jealous. It must be a lot of fun to do what he does.

Reactions: Fro

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I enjoy elias’ interactions with the crowd. And I’m a little jealous. It must be a lot of fun to do what he does.

He does have a sweet gig, and he is excellent at his gimmick, but it gets a bit out of hand when he’s put in top programs on TV and people talk about him as a main event talent.

Feb 24, 2017
He does have a sweet gig, and he is excellent at his gimmick, but it gets a bit out of hand when he’s put in top programs on TV and people talk about him as a main event talent.
I’d rather watch him in main event slots over roman reigns or jinder mahal or Bobby lashley or Kevon Owens cowering from Braun strowman.

Raw is hurting.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’d rather watch him in main event slots over roman reigns or jinder mahal or Bobby lashley or Kevon Owens cowering from Braun strowman.

Raw is hurting.
That just speaks to the level that they made everyone else suck so bad.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Not sure how I feel if it'll be lesnar-lashley. Bobby is good, but he's more a B+ guy than a top guy imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->