WWE: Monday Night Raw #184 - The Roman/Jinder Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I have decided to start doing in depth Raw reviews so I can group my thoughts about the product in one place. So. Without further waiting...

The Paris In Flames Raw Review - May 14th Edition
  • It bad (not you Seth)
Thus concludes this week's review.

Reactions: Disclose

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The thing with WWE TV is you can miss it and not a miss a damn thing by the time the PPV comes along. YouTube helps, but mostly, you don’t really need to watch weekly to know what’s going on. They know it too. A lot of their shows are just there.

Rollins is killing it though.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Rumor has it due to their reaction to Roman Reigns, London has been annexed to Canada/Bizzaro-world.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Somebody answer me this: Since Wrestlemania, who on RAW has been booked to get over besides Seth Rollins?

Elias got beat up by Cena at Mania, got beat up by Lashley the next night, and has traded victories with Bobby "The Bland" Roode.

Corbin is in a feud trading victories with the future jobber, Caribbean Adam Rose.

Sami and KO... I actually don't even remember if they won or lost at Backlash because that whole PPV was an abomination. Now Sami is being booked into segments even he wont be able to pull off.

Lashley has had zero character, and the solution was to talk about how he beat up kids who bullied his sisters. As you could tell by the "Boring" chants tonight, that's getting over well.

Strowman they literally have absolutely no idea what to do with. None. They have a monster who's a star and they have zero idea what to do with him. So badly so that they're playing wheel of tag team partners with him.

Bayley and Sasha are completely dead. None of the women have been booked strong except Ronda and Nia. Not one. And now rookie Ronda is going to have a one on one match with Nia... That's going to require a quick run in to not be a disaster.

Jinder lost the US title in 24 hours, and has now turned around to be a rehab for Roman. And guess what, not even he will generate cheers for Roman.

Balor... I don't even have anything to say about the guy. He's been stuck in the same rut since getting buried by 50 year old Kane six months ago

Roman. You can't even tell me Roman has been booked to get over. He hasn't. They're trying, literally he's the only guy they're trying on. He lost at Mania. He lost at GRR. He whined about losing at GRR. He beat Joe at RestHoldMania. He whined some more. And now he's being booked against Jinder to try to gain sympathy, which I promise is only going to garner a lot of CM PUNK chants in Chicago.

Nobody. Not one guy other than Rollins has been booked to get over. And Rollins hasn't even been booked to get over. He's just having stellar matches that he has to win because the title is on the line. Almost two months since Mania and one guy is getting over. If that's not a sign to fire your entire creative team, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
Lashley Should not be wrestling every week. He should have been treated similar to Lesnar help feed into his legit fighter aura. Instead he's just another guy, he needs a mouthpiece it doesn't have to be Heyman just someone who can put over Lashleys toughness.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Strowman is the weirdest booming case after Reigns. After spending the entire WM build telling us he doesn’t need a tag partner, all he does is random tag matches and running around the ring. It makes no sense.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The thing with WWE TV is you can miss it and not a miss a damn thing by the time the PPV comes along. YouTube helps, but mostly, you don’t really need to watch weekly to know what’s going on. They know it too. A lot of their shows are just there.

Rollins is killing it though.

I can take three weeks off, watch half of one RAW and be fine for the PPV. Honestly I think I could watch even less and get away with it.

Very little actually happens on these shows.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can take three weeks off, watch half of one RAW and be fine for the PPV. Honestly I think I could watch even less and get away with it.

Very little actually happens on these shows.
Only reason to watch is Seth’s matches and this week’s was okay, but skippable because unfortunately, not even Seth can carry Owens to a four star match at this rate.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I think the amount of posts in here kinda related to how these shows are nowadays. I am just waiting for the NHL playoffs to end to cancel my PSvue and then no RAW or SD for me, Ill still watch PPVs with my buddies network account and thatll be enough for me.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Strowman is the weirdest booming case after Reigns. After spending the entire WM build telling us he doesn’t need a tag partner, all he does is random tag matches and running around the ring. It makes no sense.

They won't push him toward the title because they're still zoned in on Roman, and they can't backtrack to squash matches again. So basically they're killing time (Killing his reception, too) with tag matches that he can be booked into a loss on.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They won't push him toward the title because they're still zoned in on Roman, and they can't backtrack to squash matches again. So basically they're killing time (Killing his reception, too) with tag matches that he can be booked into a loss on.
They should have moved him to Smackdown in the shakeup, imo.

Have Strowman work a filler program with Cass in the meantime, and then work with Orton (who turns heel)... all the while, Styles/Nakamura has their blow, Joe wins the title and then you build to heel Samoa Joe vs. face Braun Strowman on Smackdown.

Then again, I don't know if it's a great idea to pair Joe/Strowman because they don't seem like their styles would match up too well, and one would have to lose, and Samoa Joe is the better talent in every category aside from size and while Strowman is a legit monster, I'm not too keen on having Joe lose to him.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
They should have moved him to Smackdown in the shakeup, imo.

Have Strowman work a filler program with Cass in the meantime, and then work with Orton (who turns heel)... all the while, Styles/Nakamura has their blow, Joe wins the title and then you build to heel Samoa Joe vs. face Braun Strowman on Smackdown.

Then again, I don't know if it's a great idea to pair Joe/Strowman because they don't seem like their styles would match up too well, and one would have to lose, and Samoa Joe is the better talent in every category aside from size and while Strowman is a legit monster, I'm not too keen on having Joe lose to him.

This is part of the problem with having way too much content to fill on a weekly basis. You can't book a monster very long before you either have to beat him or he gets stale.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Am I the only one who groaned when they announced the Sami segment for next week?

Like... They literally did this last year with Alexa and Bayley and it was easily the worst segment of the year. And that was with Alexa, who may very well be the best mic worker on the full time roster not named Miz.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Am I the only one who groaned when they announced the Sami segment for next week?

Like... They literally did this last year with Alexa and Bayley and it was easily the worst segment of the year. And that was with Alexa, who may very well be the best mic worker on the full time roster not named Miz.
No. Alexa’s character has been stale for a while.

Sami is becoming a very similar heel to scarf-wearing Jericho and if anyone can make the segment work next week, it’ll be Sami.

Reactions: Hypernova

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
No. Alexa’s character has been stale for a while.

Sami is becoming a very similar heel to scarf-wearing Jericho and if anyone can make the segment work next week, it’ll be Sami.

Alexa wasn't stale at the time and even now, stale or not, she can still work a mic.

Honestly I think she's the best option for MITB. She'd be good at flaunting that over people.

I think eventually she needs to either go babyface or go heel manager/valet. Just gives her something different to do.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would say Alexa should win the MITB, but at the same time, I think Sasha or Bayley need to win it to revive them a little bit, assuming either are in the match.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'd like to see basically anyone win over Bayley or Sasha. Until either nerd develops a character or becomes interesting, no thanks. Sasha needs a heel turn ASAP, and Bayley needs to be written off for a few weeks and come back a touch less childish.

Reactions: Paris in Flames
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->