WWE: Monday Night Raw #183 - What do we do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The top belt isn’t on TV and no one buys that Roman is being put upon.

Man it will be worse next week with Roman/Jinder being the big storyline. That feud has to just be a middle finger at the audience. “You don’t like what you like!”

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
maybe I read too much into things, but I already think they kind of planted seeds for Finn's inevitable heel turn.

First last week with his attack of on Seth from behind, even just to send a message to tell him to keep his eyes on him. Aside from that though, his weird promo last night where he said he likes to "earn" his opportunities. I wonder if that's the switch that flips; Balor wins MITB and then Rollins eventually has the Universal Title and Finn cashes in like a heel (turning in the process). Finn becomes smug and arrogant and acts like he earned the Universal Title in a hard fought battle, Seth chases and is the top babyface, etc etc etc Roman is where he belongs in the mid-card.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Did anybody else catch Michael Cole say "no brotherly love there" when Wyatt kicked Dallas off the apron before the finish?

Coincidence or a pun by Cole? :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Did anybody else catch Michael Cole say "no brotherly love there" when Wyatt kicked Dallas off the apron before the finish?

Coincidence or a pun by Cole? :laugh:
I'm hoping it is the start of WWE acknowledging that Bray and Bo are indeed brothers, but it was likely just a slip, like when Graves said Bullet Club not too long ago

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Caps/Pens and an unusually early NBA doubleheader didn’t help
Hockey never really put a dent in WWE's ratings. Cavs/Raptors -- maybe, but I don't think the Raptors are a hot ticket in America. Someone correct me if I'm wrong of course. The NBA will always put a dent in the ratings, but the playoffs have been going on for a couple of weeks now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hockey never really put a dent in WWE's ratings. Cavs/Raptors -- maybe, but I don't think the Raptors are a hot ticket in America. Someone correct me if I'm wrong of course. The NBA will always put a dent in the ratings, but the playoffs have been going on for a couple of weeks now.

The Raptors are not, but Lebron is always a hot ticket.

Though I an not sure it is so hot that it would take a MNF sized dent out of the ratings. Especially a second round matchup.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Lebron could be playing for OR against high school students and it would still do big ratings in America.

Especially if it's an elimination game.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Color me curious as well as to why you don't like the idea?

Same reason I don't like 6 outdoor games. Watered down. The entire concept is already played out and they've gone through pretty much every possible scenario.

That and there are about 4 teams really worth a damn in the company. Plus the concept is you can hold the contract for over a year. With WWE a lot of these teams don't even last for a year before getting busted up. You have double the chances that one of the team members gets injured and you have to shuffle the thing around.

To me, one for the mens title and one for the women's is perfect. But then again I also think there should be one mens title and one women's title.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Same reason I don't like 6 outdoor games. Watered down. The entire concept is already played out and they've gone through pretty much every possible scenario.

That and there are about 4 teams really worth a damn in the company. Plus the concept is you can hold the contract for over a year. With WWE a lot of these teams don't even last for a year before getting busted up. You have double the chances that one of the team members gets injured and you have to shuffle the thing around.

To me, one for the mens title and one for the women's is perfect. But then again I also think there should be one mens title and one women's title.

That's a good point, it does water it down and I actually agree with you now. It would be nice to do maybe a separate MITB style match for tag teams at something like TLC? That would make it better. I agree with the titles to. I mean, I feel like MitB works better as a match type and not its own PPV too. But I feel like no way it gets taken off as a PPV now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's a good point, it does water it down and I actually agree with you now. It would be nice to do maybe a separate MITB style match for tag teams at something like TLC? That would make it better. I agree with the titles to. I mean, I feel like MitB works better as a match type and not its own PPV too. But I feel like no way it gets taken off as a PPV now.

They don’t do outdoor games because it’s some worldwide phenomenon. They do it because the town puts forth the effort. And the money. And then they try to draw interest. Same thing for these major PPV events. It’s a very localized effort by the city for the city.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They don’t do outdoor games because it’s some worldwide phenomenon. They do it because the town puts forth the effort. And the money. And then they try to draw interest. Same thing for these major PPV events. It’s a very localized effort by the city for the city.

Maybe I am misreading, but did you mean to quote someone else? I feel very confused!

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I'm getting tired of wrestlers on social media and the cell phone promos. This catering to millennials crap...excuse me while I yell at some clouds.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Plenty of talent know how to use social media. Jax is clearly not one of them.

The selfie promos need to go. They look terrible and no one is good at them. The less charismatic wrestlers were tripping all over themselves during them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad