WWE: Monday Night Raw #180 - Celebrating 25 Years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Time for a new thread so we can start off a big Monday with a fresh thread.

This video raises two things immediately. First Macho Man was awful on commentary and I love Macho. Also I really miss pyro.

Edge and DB retiring was sad, but saddest moment ever for me was the RAW after Eddie died.

Also wow they didn’t cut Punk out.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This video raises two things immediately. First Macho Man was awful on commentary and I love Macho. Also I really miss pyro.

Edge and DB retiring was sad, but saddest moment ever for me was the RAW after Eddie died.

Also wow they didn’t cut Punk out.
They can’t. It’s still one of the biggest moments in Raw history imo.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Often when they do one of these anniversary shows, there will be an angle where a heel on the current roster badmouths the legends, only to get his comeuppance and get embarrassed by the legends on hand. The fans usually enjoy the spot because they get to see their favorites from the past have a brief moment to shine again. And the heel it happens to is usually somebody far down the card who's not doing anything anyway (i.e. Heath Slater a few years back).

I'm worried they're going to do it to The Revival this time, and that the interview last week was a setup for it. Their line of "We're not sports entertainers, we're professional wrestlers" probably made more fans cheer for them. The idea that they're an alternative to the rest of WWE should be used to help define them, and not get them buried in a comedy spot.

If they're going to do the angle where a current member get embarrassed by the legends, I'd rather it happen to somebody I'm sick of, like Sheamus or Enzo.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You shouldn't be worried the Revival are going to get punked. That's a damn guarantee after the promo last week. It's going to happen.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Taker/Cena is just 5 years too late.

However, at least Taker gets to work with Big Match John and not someone like Reigns or Shane, so the match may actually be decent, despite Taker’s limitations

Reactions: ColePens

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm pretty pumped for RAW. Wish they left a few names off as a surprise though... Nothing organic happens anymore, unfortunately.

The glass shattering will still out-pop anyone though.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Often when they do one of these anniversary shows, there will be an angle where a heel on the current roster badmouths the legends, only to get his comeuppance and get embarrassed by the legends on hand. The fans usually enjoy the spot because they get to see their favorites from the past have a brief moment to shine again. And the heel it happens to is usually somebody far down the card who's not doing anything anyway (i.e. Heath Slater a few years back).

I'm worried they're going to do it to The Revival this time, and that the interview last week was a setup for it. Their line of "We're not sports entertainers, we're professional wrestlers" probably made more fans cheer for them. The idea that they're an alternative to the rest of WWE should be used to help define them, and not get them buried in a comedy spot.

If they're going to do the angle where a current member get embarrassed by the legends, I'd rather it happen to somebody I'm sick of, like Sheamus or Enzo.

I could see it being Elias. He's usually good at that type of thing.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Taker/Cena is just 5 years too late.

However, at least Taker gets to work with Big Match John and not someone like Reigns or Shane, so the match may actually be decent, despite Taker’s limitations

Absolutely agree with this. WM 30 would have been probably one of the best manias of all time, IMO, if Cena/Taker took place. Taker wins - streak continues. DB is the highlight of the show. Lesnar could have taken on someone else (maybe Bray?). It would have been so much better.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's going to be The Revival getting the legends spot after last week.

I wish The Rock was going to be there and would do a concert with Elias lol

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I read a couple of weeks ago that some talent will be sent to the Manhattan center and the rest to Barclays which helps since they have so many special guests tonight. A lot of the current talent that grew up as fans wanted to be at the Manhattan center for the nostalgia aspect of it but it's WWE's call.

I read that the speculation was that Undertaker would appear at MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->