Pre-Game Talk: Monday game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Edmonton is a power play reliant, rush happy video game team. If the Leafs can execute their new defensively aware road game and carry on that next man up mentality with Matthews missing, we will be in good shape. Don't give them any room, don't commit any unforced errors, frustrate them, finish them.

Reactions: Dirty Sanchez

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Imagine we played a team and the game started at 4 because they had a time difference? I’m assuming most people work until 5-6 and would miss the game on a weekday (in their home town) not really bullshit. We sound like a bunch of snobs
I agree though I don't understand why it's at 10, they are only 2 hours back. At least make it a 9PM game. Though Wednesday's game is at 8PM so I guess it kinda balances out..

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Imagine we played a team and the game started at 4 because they had a time difference? I’m assuming most people work until 5-6 and would miss the game on a weekday (in their home town) not really bullshit. We sound like a bunch of snobs

A 10 pm start for Ontario is actually an 8:00 pm start in Edmonton.

It was funny last night when the Oilers game started at 5:00 pm in Alberta, and the Manitoba game with the Jets and Canadiens was pushed to a 9:00 pm start to accommodate a 7:00 pm Ontario start time for Game 1 of HNIC. Basically Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec got the shaft so we could have our normal start.

Reactions: mcleex

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I agree though I don't understand why it's at 10, they are only 2 hours back. At least make it a 9PM game. Though Wednesday's game is at 8PM so I guess it kinda balances out..
8 pm local start time and then a 6pm start time on Wednesday. Strange. I'm guessing this was about the tv schedule.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Ask them what? If we’re the centre of the universe? That’s a great way to embarrass our entire fanbase.... no wonder why people with any sense of reality think most of us are daft.
Why would our fanbase be embarrassed?

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
What is up with Andersen? Keefe has given a couple of weird updates.

Take this for what it is worth. But I heard last summer mgmt was upset with Andersen for not playing after being cleared earlier in the season. Created enough tension to the point where after another disappointing first round exit they had decided to potentially move on. And then came the rumours of the Leafs maybe
looking to upgrade in net. Didn’t happen. But kept it in the back of my mind.

Anyone else find it interesting how many players kept praising Campbell for his second to none work ethic yesterday? I know it’s not a shot at Andersen but I wouldn’t like hearing my back up works harder than I do.

Last edited:

Varcus

Dec 3, 2015
We like wins here and it’s all business. Not extravagant bashing GDT’s like Edmonton that looks even worse when we rock them 4-0 without Matthews lol

Those GDT are funny win or lose :)

Varcus

Dec 3, 2015
I really want to face Edmonton in the Playoffs I feel it's the only way we will ever see a Matthews/Marner - McDavid/Drai series. I don't know if we will beat them with Nylander and Tavares playing the way they are together. I think we are one winger from being a true contender. Matthews and Marner are byfar our best forwards. It can even be debated on who is truly better.

Kerfoot and Nylander also look good together. The issue is of course Matthews and Marner want to play together and so far in the regular season the results are great. They are having a lot of fun out there and I'm kinda torn because of that. In the playoffs most times depth wins and in my opinion splitting them up gives up much more depth. But if we split them up and they are no longer producing. It really does defeat the purpose.

Thorton / Matthews / Robertson??? If him and Matthews clique
Hyman / Tavares / Marner
Simonds / Kerfoot / Nylander

So we really need to win As Montreal/Calgary is going to need all the help they can to get Third in the North.

Reactions: jiggy35

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Ask them what? If we’re the centre of the universe? That’s a great way to embarrass our entire fanbase.... no wonder why people with any sense of reality think most of us are daft.
You keep seeking acceptance and good will among the rest of the league fanbase. It's what Jesus would do.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

It's at 10 pm because Calgary is playing at 7 pm ET (5 pm MT) . Both Calgary and Edmonton are carried regionally by Sportsnet West so when Calgary and Edmonton play on the same night, they set the times to avoid overlap.

After tonight, the Leafs have the following games that are 9:00 pm or later

Thursday March 4: 10:00 pm @ Vancouver
Sunday April 4: 9:00 @ Calgary
Monday April 5: 9:30 @ Calgary
Monday April 19: 10:00 @ Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->