Pre-Game Talk: Monday game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Sucks that Matthews counting stats are going to take a hit but there's really no reason to rush him with our place in the standings. We're already 99% to make the playoffs in most models, it's about being ready then. I wonder how many games he could miss while still winning the Rocket.

Also c'mon Jack, I love him so much how is he hurt again. Really hoping it's not a concussion from that headshot he took.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think it’s likely Matthews rests at least one more. If the team can afford to be cautious with him they will be.

between games 25-40 they need to rest as many guys as possible and get the taxi squad some reps.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Spidey sense says Matthews could sit the remainder of the Oilers series.
I think he for sure won't play tomorrow. If we have another strong game then I see him sitting again otherwise if it's a bad performance or Edmonton blowout he probably comes back for game 3.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Ahh.....phew! a collective sigh of relief.

So this means Hutch vs McDavid then? 97 will be extremely hard to contain 2 games in a row. Oilers lead the league in 1st period scoring so that first 20:00 could be a storm.

Reactions: Ciao

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
So this means Hutch vs McDavid then? 97 will be extremely hard to contain 2 games in a row. Oilers lead the league in 1st period scoring so that first 20:00 could be a storm.

No Keefe was referring to giving Campbell the day off today from practice. Likely he starts.

Reactions: MattySnipes

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

I think they’re giving Campbell a day off expecting him to play tomorrow.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Oilers will put their back up in, which means we’re up against a vezina performance. We’ll have to get a couple of really dirty goals a la Calgary 6-5 goal to lock this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad