Monday: February 14 GDT: Not a discussion thread but information updates please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Any news or new information today? Please post here

I think today is the last kick at the can for the NHLPA and NHL to come to an agreement, if not Bettman will probably call season tomorrow or Wednesday (atleast thats what i've read)

I still think the NHLPA will have one final offer to NHL.... if not :cry:

The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Feb 14, 2005
Ottawa
Yah , i'd like to think that they're still meeting behind closed doors and not letting the media no anything and then boom come out with a deal ...you never know.
I really believe the nhlpa are gonna bring a 5 or 8 year deal to the table ...they probably allready have so they are negoitating it now . Hope for the best ...and i hope we get some info today . Im keeping an eye on Eklunds site!!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
An announcement to cancel the season won't be made until at least Wednesday.Tuesday is the funeral for the Sutter father so the NHL won't announce anything on Tuesday

The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Feb 14, 2005
Ottawa
Nop , a soft cap might do it casue there are enough owners putting pressure on Goodnow also , it woiulndt be to soft but not as hard as the owners want it ....this is what we call a "COMPROMISE"!! Anyway i hope to hear more about this on the fan over the next little while ...right now they're talking Raptors.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I know this is a tough one, but there are a lot of discussion threads out there.

This thread is for the exclusive reporting of news from news sources.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Ginner's in T.O. said:
I will confirm it....just caught the tail end of their comments. I will listen in in the next half hour and see if I can hear it propoer. No need to delete just yet.
The posts were deleted. There was a post relating to season saving meetings to be held today. I will leave the posts deleted, and Ginner, if you hear the report again, post it here.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Bill Waters on sportsnet said that the players and owners exchanged "what ifs" with each other. They are actually negotiating this time.

WrightOn

Feb 7, 2004
Ohio
Columbus, Ohio local news just cited AP as saying that the announcement will come Wednesday at one.

Looks like they will observe Mr. Sutter's passing....................................................... or they're buying time....

Last edited:

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
This is the hard deadline. 1:00 pm EST on Wednesday. Just think, it doesn't matter if you have a season, or if you don't, you still need a press conference for the league, and for all the teams to get people back in the seats.

1:00 pm Wednesday, its the HARD deadline we have been waiting for. Let the negotiations begin.

Reilly311

WrightOn said:
Columbus, Ohio local news just cited AP as saying that the announcement will come Wednesday at one.

Looks like they will observe Mr. Sutter's passing....................................................... or they're buying time....

your avatar is.....wierd....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->