Speculation: Monahan trade value

NoPainNoFlame

Dec 28, 2013
management didn't move Monahan for Seguin

This is exactly it, the closest thing we could have done that would fit the direction we're going in: top prospect in deep draft for established young player on the upswing of his career.

If we don't make that deal, there isn't a deal to be made unless Burkie sees it differently.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Is this even a serious thread? I mean, I think we're being total homers if we think Monahan has any value at all. We're talking about a guy who has been injured for a significant portion of every NHL season he's played, who has never made a WJC team, who has barely ever seen any playoff action at seemingly any level, and has never shown the ability to lead an NHL team to a winning record.

notSureIfsrs.jpeg

JulianHopper*

You Don't Trade Sean Monahan

For a lot of reasons with the main one being you only have a handful of teams you would consider trading him to as you would have to get another first round pick in return. It would have to be at least a top 6 pick.

So a top 6 current roster player plus 2 first round picks would be a minimal starting point.

I still wouldn't trade Sean Monahan because the draft is pretty much about luck and the Flames already now what kind of player they have.

volley44

May 2, 2013
Monahan and Gio are probably the only 2 untouchables on this team.

Value wise? A 1st and a mid-level prospect I would guess. Not worth trading. Monahan is probably the future captain and franchise player for the Flames.

Gio in my opinion is not untouchable. I see either him or wideman moving for a Burke splash trade. Wouldn't surprise me with seeing hurdler and or glenx being moved either. Burke has a plan and it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't include players that are playing very will to capitalize on higher trade values

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Gio in my opinion is not untouchable. I see either him or wideman moving for a Burke splash trade. Wouldn't surprise me with seeing hurdler and or glenx being moved either. Burke has a plan and it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't include players that are playing very will to capitalize on higher trade values

Well lets be fair if Ottawa offered Karlsson for Gio and Monahan they are both probably gone, but Gio is the leader and only top 2 Dman on this team. We saw how we were without him, and we see how we play with him. Trading him for anything other that an upgrade would be a HUGE mistake.

Hudler isn't going anywhere and Glenny has a NTC and is injured. Maybe Glenny at he deadline but as has been said a million times, he loves it here, owns a ranch and does not want to be traded. Maybe to EDM/VAN/WPG but that would be it.

Chyep

Jesus saves, sign em
Nov 11, 2013
Calgary

Given Calgary's record with vs Without Gio in the line, up. I'd say he's untouchable.

Chyep

Jesus saves, sign em
Nov 11, 2013
Calgary
As for trading Monahan.................... You would be trading Monahan with the hope, must stress hope. of being able to replace him with someone young, talented enought to play and make an impact now, and with as much or more upside than Monahan has.

Any names come to mind?

i can't think of any that anyone is looking to move.

Flames7676

Jun 17, 2013
Alberta
Flames wouldn't trade him. Sven is more likely at this point. High if people are making bids I'll take Ovi just for his entertainment value :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad