Monahan or Lindholm

Sloth Slothersons*

Lindholm but Oil won't get either. Oilers should move up the draft for Pulock!

Nichushkin!! draft him and let him develop in the KHL for two seasons.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Zharkov-Nichuskin-Yakupov

What about the swedes? Paajarvi - Lander - Omark?

oilphan

Nov 21, 2005
Lindholm but Oil won't get either. Oilers should move up the draft for Pulock!

Nichushkin!! draft him and let him develop in the KHL for two seasons.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Zharkov-Nichuskin-Yakupov

Pretty sure Zharkov is having trouble in the OHL...and now he is an NHL 2nd liner?

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Who says Monahan would've fought him in the first place. The point was standing up regardless of outcome.

In my opinion I think I'll need more time to fully make a decision between these two kids. Furthermore I'd like to have an idea of where were picking because there will be other options which may or may not include these two...

It is not about where we are picking it is about which player you would take, don't read more into it than what the thread is about.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Pretty sure Zharkov is having trouble in the OHL...and now he is an NHL 2nd liner?

I was all excited about Zharkov but he just is not producing this year, very disappointing. Seems like Zharkov, Piltlick, Hamilton, PRV, Morrow, and Lander are all taking a step back this year.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
It is not about where we are picking it is about which player you would take, don't read more into it than what the thread is about.

Fair enough. I kind of told myself that after jumping to a dislike-thread bias. I wasn't incorrect in the Gagner vs. Monahan assumption nor needing to watch these two more in order to choose between the two.

Monahan suits our current needs more prototypically. In a Jordan Staal sort of manner. I see his game more suited for that style whereas Lindholm is simply jaw-dropping skill-wise, physical and all-around intense. May not be the exact player we need in our system currently. But than again I haven't watched him nearly as much.

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
He'll be back when the NHL sarts up. He looked really good in the Subway Russia series games.

Considering he was one of the first cuts I'm doubting that, even if the NHL came back and RNH, Scheifele, Huberdeau were gone.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
1. MacKinnon
2. Barkov
3. Jones
4. Monahan
5. Lindholm

Just my opinion.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Why don't you like Pulock? He plays an all around sound game, and is fantastic offensively

This. Barkov, Jones and MacKinnon would cost an arm and and leg and then some. We at least have a remote chance of landing Pulock or Nichushkin.

Also is the draft a snake draft if we go 20-40? Not a bad thing for a deep draft.

OilFury

Nov 17, 2012
its not that i dont like Pulock i just dont think he's that huge of a player to trade up for.

i would overpay a fair bit to trade up for Barkov as long as it didnt involve a current needed player or one of our good dprospects..

ie gagner +2013 1st +2014 2nd/1st? depending where we place for the 2013 1st :p Barkov is a much needed piece to make our team more complete...

also hope we can snag getzlaf if theres no season :p

i havnt seen as much of lindholm as i have of mohanan is there anyone here who has seen a lot of lindholm playing? its a very close matchup for me, but i think mohanan fits our needs more so he wins for me

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
its not that i dont like Pulock i just dont think he's that huge of a player to trade up for.

i would overpay a fair bit to trade up for Barkov as long as it didnt involve a current needed player or one of our good dprospects..

ie gagner +2013 1st +2014 2nd/1st? depending where we place for the 2013 1st :p Barkov is a much needed piece to make our team more complete...

also hope we can snag getzlaf if theres no season :p

i havnt seen as much of lindholm as i have of mohanan is there anyone here who has seen a lot of lindholm playing? its a very close matchup for me, but i think mohanan fits our needs more so he wins for me

I definitely agree with moving the 2014 first round pick this year to have two first round picks this year or one super high first round pick.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Monahan or Barkov is the ideal player for the Oilers. They're both big, multidimensional centers who would be perfect behind RNH.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
This. Barkov, Jones and MacKinnon would cost an arm and and leg and then some. We at least have a remote chance of landing Pulock or Nichushkin.

Also is the draft a snake draft if we go 20-40? Not a bad thing for a deep draft.

Assuming the draft lottery follows the same pattern as last time then that will be the result.

However, I'm not sure how they decide on the draft lottery system, it could be modified from 8 years ago. That being said, I'd imagine the snake style would still apply.

OilFury

Nov 17, 2012
i dont see us trading to get 2 draft picks, i hope for a trade to land barkov but if we can do a smaller trade to slightly upgrade our pick to snag a much needed center.

mohanan and barkov are the only ones i'm really interested in trading up for and unless mohanan has a terrible rest of the year he will be picked close to barkov so might as well go for barkov..i'd like to grab someone like lazar for sure but i just dont see him having the potential to be much of an upgrade over gagner

lets hope the system is different this year if it is it will probably give us a better chance at getting a decent pick

very disappointed Mohanan was cut.. :(

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
i dont see us trading to get 2 draft picks, i hope for a trade to land barkov but if we can do a smaller trade to slightly upgrade our pick to snag a much needed center.

mohanan and barkov are the only ones i'm really interested in trading up for and unless mohanan has a terrible rest of the year he will be picked close to barkov so might as well go for barkov..i'd like to grab someone like lazar for sure but i just dont see him having the potential to be much of an upgrade over gagner

lets hope the system is different this year if it is it will probably give us a better chance at getting a decent pick

very disappointed Mohanan was cut.. :(

We could always hire a girl to give him mono right before the playoffs.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Would Jordan Staal vs Nick Backstrom be a good comparison?
I've never seen either play.

can we put Lindholm's brain in Paajarvi's body?

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Would Jordan Staal vs Nick Backstrom be a good comparison?
I've never seen either play.

can we put Lindholm's brain in Paajarvi's body?

I don't like the Backstrom comparison simply because Lindholm is more edgy. Although his playmaking skills are comparable. I look at him as mixture of Omark and Paajarvi. And surprisingly that's a good thing.

I think you'd have to go outside of Sweden for his true comparable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->