Value of: Monahan+Hanifin+2 First round picks

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
And that is why Edmonton will continue to suck

Wrong . That is why Edmonton sucks . Because Chia constantly trade for lessor pieces . The goal is to win a cup . Bash Edmonton all you like but Edmonton at least won a round in the last 5 years . So they have went further then the Flames . The Flames will continue to be 1 and done as the have no show Johnny small fries hockey leading the way . Edmonton got game breakers . Once the upgrade their depth they will be ok

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
Wrong . That is why Edmonton sucks . Because Chia constantly trade for lessor pieces . The goal is to win a cup . Bash Edmonton all you like but Edmonton at least won a round in the last 5 years . So they have went further then the Flames . The Flames will continue to be 1 and done as the have no show Johnny small fries hockey leading the way . Edmonton got game breakers . Once the upgrade their depth they will be ok
Drai>monahan
Hanafin>>>nothing
1st round pick>nothing
1st round pick>nothing

Chia's issue was more he kept making 1-1 bad deals trading a very good top line player for a lesser top line player plus a top 4 dman and 2 firsts is how you build depth Edmonton has nothing of real high tradetvalue except Connor nudge and drai if they got offered that package for drai they would have to consider it.
P.s. unless you were a Gretzky Oilers fan please don't mention your playoff success again you've been a lottery team for a decade with 1 minor blip in there you also have the best player in the world and can't even qualify for the dance so I'm be slowing my roll if I were you

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I d be more concerned with icing a competitive hockey team then being worried about who's best bud I m trading
And how does this trade ice a competitive team? Downgrade a 50-50 guy to add Hanifin and some mid-late first round picks that likely won't make an impact in the NHL for 4 or 5 years if ever?

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
And how does this trade ice a competitive team? Downgrade a 50-50 guy to add Hanifin and some mid-late first round picks that likely won't make an impact in the NHL for 4 or 5 years if ever?
I'm sorry maybe I'm confused but is your question how does having young top 4D help your team because it seems kinda self explanatory

Last edited:
Reactions: TFHockey

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
lol at thinking drai who plays with the literal best player on the universe is so much better than a ppg player like sean monahan, that you need to add on top of hanifin and two firsts. what a flipping joke.

Reactions: Bond

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Drai>monahan
Hanafin>>>nothing
1st round pick>nothing
1st round pick>nothing

Chia's issue was more he kept making 1-1 bad deals trading a very good top line player for a lesser top line player plus a top 4 dman and 2 firsts is how you build depth Edmonton has nothing of real high tradetvalue except Connor nudge and drai if they got offered that package for drai they would have to consider it.
P.s. unless you were a Gretzky Oilers fan please don't mention your playoff success again you've been a lottery team for a decade with 1 minor blip in there you also have the best player in the world and can't even qualify for the dance so I'm be slowing my roll if I were you

Drasaitl is better than all of those lame pieces

Reactions: KarmaPolice

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Why? He is 5' 10" and 166 lb. We want to get bigger and he will cost too much.
I think he's your best choice for players who are "potentially" available, and yeah he might cost a pretty penny but you gotta give up something to get something. Also Point is a good playoff performer, regardless of this past series he was still one of their better players. He plays bigger than his stature, but if you aren't interested in him then idk I guess you're stuck with Monahan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad