Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Cck4SrrWAAEoNSx.jpg:large

Discuss!

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Hamilton still has a chance to make it, but surprised a little that he wasn't on the initial roster compared to the names already on there. I know Miller is having a good year but thats still a headscratcher there for me compared to some of the players.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I don't know what Murray has done to be picked ahead of Hamilton. Chiarelli was probably afraid of picking 3 Flames players.

moon*

Murray is a great defenseman held back by injuries. I have no issues at all with him being there ahead of Hamilton.

I think this u-23 team is going to have an issue with being pushed around. They are going to be a smaller team and weaker with so many being so young.

Maybe Miller is there as a potential shut down line guy to go against the size that the other teams are going to have on their top lines. But that said I would have had Boone Jenner there ahead of him for that role.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
That's not the full roster right? Seems too short.

Not enough Hamilton. Johnny and Sean will look terrific playing with any of those guys at wing.

moon*

That's not the full roster right? Seems too short.

Not enough Hamilton. Johnny and Sean will look terrific playing with any of those guys at wing.

16 of 23 players announced today so by my math that's 7 guys still to be added.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
These kids might win the whole thing if they get good goaltending. Gibson is capable.

moon*

These kids might win the whole thing if they get good goaltending. Gibson is capable.

That goaltending would have to be out of this world.

As fun as it is to see the young kids this team is going to be bad.

There is maybe 1 guy (McDavid) that would make Canada and that is a maybe. Ekblad in two years sure but not now.

Gaudreau-McDavid-Matthews is fun to watch but will get killed when matched up against Bergeron-Toews-Carter and outscored by any of X-Crosby-Stamkos, Benn-Getzlaf-Perry or Seguin-Tavares-X.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Their chance will be good goaltending, and if the team meshes well as a unit. If the kids can work together better, they could do something. They'll have some good speed and jump.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly if the kids get chemistry, I think they could get on a role. Imagine a Gaudreau, McDavid and MacKinnon line. I like that line against any team in the tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad