mon dieu OUCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neg marron

Mar 1, 2002
gatineau quebec
www.rds.ca
i hear rene fassell of the iihf pitched the world hockey championship to major tv stations for free and was quickly turned down this was however major usa stations like espn, abc etc

it's a shame because a part from the winter olympics when does the major usa networks cover international hockey :hockey: :cheers: :habs

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
neg marron said:
i hear rene fassell of the iihf pitched the world hockey championship to major tv stations for free and was quickly turned down this was however major usa stations like espn, abc etc

it's a shame because a part from the winter olympics when does the major usa networks cover international hockey :hockey: :cheers: :habs

If Fassel was so concerned that US fans see this yr's tournament,he'd have allowed sports stations like MSG and Fox Sports to buy the rights to the US games.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
CREW99AW said:
If Fassel was so concerned that US fans see this yr's tournament,he'd have allowed sports stations like MSG and Fox Sports to buy the rights to the US games.
I believe he offered them the games for FREE and there were no takers. I could be wrong but that is the story as far as I know.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
neg marron said:

Last year's World Cup, one U.S. World Championship game, and this year's WJC's........

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
ryz said:
I believe he offered them the games for FREE and there were no takers. I could be wrong but that is the story as far as I know.

I posted an article weeks ago where Fassel was quoted saying he offered all the games for free to US broadcasters. It has been said here that the US broadcasters wanted to broadcast only the US games and where told they couldn't or were quoted high prices. Of course there were no quotes or any articles offered to confirm those statement so whether or not they are true is unconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad