GDT: MON @ DET | 7:30pm EST | 4/5/2018

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
What is so good about a top 9 pick? We need 3 or 4 years of top 3 or we will be in the same shape we are in.

there is a distinct gap between the top 9 and the rest of the draft. It goes something like

Dahlin

Svechnikov
Zadina

Boqvist/Hughes/Wahlstrom/Bouchard/Dobson/Tkachuk

the rest

Any of those players would be our best prospect in a long time

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
there is a distinct gap between the top 9 and the rest of the draft. It goes something like

Dahlin

Svechnikov
Zadina

the rest

We are not getting top 3. Now do we start taking the best available D with our picks first? Or just go the best over all player at said spot? We all know we need to build from the back end out but is that the best way to go? I'm torn on that front.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
If all challenges had a penalty associated with them only the obvious challenges would happen. I have no idea why the league has not attached that to the challenge across the board.

Because the league's so f***ed up with reviews, they'd give coaches and fans brain aneurysms if they f***ed up the review and then penalized teams on top of it.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

Dahlin

Svechnikov
Zadina

the rest

Not if we had drafted Vilardi.
So, let's not exactly count on Detroit to do the right thing with this draft pick either

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Not if we had drafted Vilardi.
So, let's not exactly count on Detroit to do the right thing with this draft pick either

I love that Vilardi over Rasmussen is already being called. That’s a good reasoned, logical course of action.

Rasmussen is a fine young player. Just because he’s not the prospect that you would take does not mean that he is chopped liver.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I love that Vilardi over Rasmussen is already being called. That’s a good reasoned, logical course of action.

Rasmussen is a fine young player. Just because he’s not the prospect that you would take does not mean that he is chopped liver.

Me?
Try every serious published prospect evaluator on the Internet.
Even though Vilardi didn't play a god damned game before Christmas, he rushed up everyone's prospect lists.

Corey Pronman's top 50 drafted prospects
Pronman: 2017-18 midseason Top 50 NHL prospects
#8 Vilardi
Honorable Mention Rasmussen (Didn't crack the top 50)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Great goal by Larks. Kid is finishing strong, good sign.

What is so good about a top 9 pick? We need 3 or 4 years of top 3 or we will be in the same shape we are in.
Based on the countless 4-9 picks we’ve had that haven’t made a difference?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Me?
Try every serious published prospect evaluator on the Internet.
Even though Vilardi didn't play a god damned game before Christmas, he rushed up everyone's prospect lists.

Corey Pronman's top 50 drafted prospects
Pronman: 2017-18 midseason Top 50 NHL prospects
#8 Vilardi
Honorable Mention Rasmussen (Didn't crack the top 50)

The same guy that had Evgeny Svechnikov, Axel Homlstrom, Vili Saarijarvi and Joe Hicketts in his top 50 two years ago?

Please tell me why I should care what this person thinks.

Reactions: cjm502

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
The same guy that had Evgeny Svechnikov, Axel Homlstrom, Vili Saarijarvi and Joe Hicketts in his top 50 two years ago?

Please tell me why I should care what this person thinks.

Well, don't.
I don't care if you want to believe that Rasmussen is better than Vilardi.
Know that outside of Red Wings fans who think that Ken Holland shits rainbows, you don't have many who agree with you.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Well, don't.
I don't care if you want to believe that Rasmussen is better than Vilardi.
Know that outside of Red Wings fans who think that Ken Holland ****s rainbows, you don't have many who agree with you.

I'm just pointing out how you're making a terrible argument and jumping to all sorts of conclusions (as usual). The evidence you're presenting to make your argument is not good. I have no opinion on this matter since neither player has even played an NHL game.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I'm just pointing out how you're making a terrible argument and jumping to all sorts of conclusions (as usual). The evidence you're presenting to make your argument is not good. I have no opinion on this matter since neither player has even played an NHL game.

All you have to do is look at their stats. In a tougher league vilardi matches Rasmussens points but with much less games played. Stats aren't everything but it's pretty obvious vilardi is something special. Everyone criticized the Wings for this pick st the time of the draft for good reason.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Great goal by Larks. Kid is finishing strong, good sign.

Based on the countless 4-9 picks we’ve had that haven’t made a difference?
Based on 17 Middlestat- Rass, 16 Nylander Sergachev, 15 Werenski Meier, 14 Nylander Ehlers, 13 Ristolain Horvath, 12 Trouba Pouliot, 11 Hamilton Coutarier those are 8 and 9 picks going back to 11 I'm sorry I don't see the pick as the huge shot in the ass the team needs. Will it help yes is it gonna change things? Nope not for a bit Add anyone of those players to our roster no change at all.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Worrying about what Vilardi’s doing isn’t gonna do anything for us. At this point, who cares. The picks were made almost a year ago. Both players haven’t even played a single game of pro hockey. How does Vilardi even get brought up in a GDT thread? Irrelevant.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Worrying about what Vilardi’s doing isn’t gonna do anything for us. At this point, who cares. The picks were made almost a year ago. Both players haven’t even played a single game of pro hockey. How does Vilardi even get brought up in a GDT thread? Irrelevant.

Read the thread.
It's right here. In this forum topic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad