Speculation: Molson's Move

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Roy has pride... For better or for worse.

But one thing is for certain. He wouldn't stand for the clown show this team has been this season, or the BS Bergevin keeps feeding everyone.

I'm not sure I'd want him as GM, but maybe as president? Someone that wouldn't be afraid to tell it like it is and stand up to Bergevin's bullish ways.

Agreed. Not sure what role for him fits best but I want him part of our team. Roy wants to win and he’s going to keep everyone accountable

Reactions: CapSpace

Puck Luck Run Amok

Oct 26, 2012
The void
Roy would never be able to be an assistant GM.

He was essentially that in Colorado and left because he was not getting his way and disagreed with the direction of the team.

He needs full control. In fact, he apparently wanted to be GM and coach in th NHL.

Too much responsibility for 1 person.

Was he wrong?

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
If ego and arrogance will lead us to victory, than so be it. The last time we won anything our best player (Roy) was exactly that.

It's the same reason I take Subban on this team over any other player currently on the roster. The ego. The arrogance. The drive to be the best. The drive to win.

The Montreal Canadiens are more focused on public image than winning. Death of a dynasty.
I like what you have said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad