News Article: Molson's interview about Weber's injury, Rebuild, Future and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Is that out of this world projection?
It's a biased projection thats for sure.

Drouin doesnt have the potential of a Hall

Larsson doesnt have the potential of a Sergachev.

Those two trades are not similar at all even if its a Winger for D trade.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It's a biased projection thats for sure.

Drouin doesnt have the potential of a Hall

Larsson doesnt have the potential of a Sergachev.

Those two trades are not similar at all even if its a Winger for D trade.

Maybe we just have a different point of views? It happens, you know...

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Because you think so?

You’re comparing a self made projection to something that’s already happened. You said the two trades are alike and they’re not. If you think Drouin is going to be a 90 point winger next season, or ever, by all means you’re entitled to that. But Sergachev is not the same as Larrson. He was an NHL ready bluechip prospect with an enormous ceiling without even playing a single NHL game and the Oilers more or less knew what type of player Larsson was which was a middle of the pack middle pair defenceman with limited offensive upside.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You’re comparing a self made projection to something that’s already happened. You said the two trades are alike and they’re not. If you think Drouin is going to be a 90 point winger next season, or ever, by all means you’re entitled to that. But Sergachev is not the same as Larrson. He was an NHL ready bluechip prospect with an enormous ceiling without even playing a single NHL game and the Oilers more or less knew what type of ceil Larsson was which was a middle of the pack middle pair defenceman with limited offensive upside.

Sure... Sergachev was "Potential" when he got traded! He was nothing but potential! Can you understand that?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Sure... Sergachev was "Potential" when he got traded! He was nothing but potential! Can you understand that?

That “potential” has a lot of value given the position. How many young centers with top 6 potential and defenceman with top pair “potential” do you see traded granted a large overpayment or getting a similar player back in one of those positions in comparison to wingers?

Reactions: DAChampion

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That “potential” has a lot of value given the position. How many young centers with top 6 potential and defenceman with top pair “potential” do you see traded granted a large overpayment or getting a similar player back in one of those positions in comparison to wingers?

Drouin was quite disappointing last season but I still think we got a decent value in that trade. We'll see in the future.

I hate it when people are jumping the gun too fast, and it's always the case around here...

The majority of Bergevin's big trades are still in the air IMO.

We will be able to adequately judge those trades later not now...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Sergachev at 19 nearly doubled Larsson's best offensive season is all I need to understand. Drouin is going to be a good top6 forward but he doesn't hold a candle to Hall...Do you understand that?

Reactions: Tighthead

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We'll see what has already happened?

You realize you are betting on the least likely scenario to happen, right?

Dude, at least I'm being f***ing consistent! I'm not changing my idea 2 times a year...

I said it last year, I thought that team was decent so here I'm saying the same thing!

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Dude, at least I'm being ****ing consistent! I'm not changing my idea 2 times a year...

I said it last year, I thought that team was decent so here I'm saying the same thing!

That's idiotic to have an opinion just because it's consistent...Especially when you are presented with more and more data that destroys any logic you could be holding on to...

I honestly don't know why I even bother with these posts...

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Funny thing is after the 1st year of the trade the opposite was being said. EDM was in the playoffs, hall was 53 point guy.

Then next year Hall explodes to 90 points, NJD make the playoffs and EDM is the bottom of the league again.
It was a stupid trade from the beginning. Hall was an elite talent who'd had some injuries. Said it back then, it was worse than the Subban trade.

So you think Subban instead of Weber and we would've been great?
I think we screwed this team up from top to bottom, starting with the coach. And I still can't believe there are people who are willing to defend these clowns.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That's idiotic to have an opinion just because it's consistent...Especially when you are presented with more and more data that destroys any logic you could be holding on to...

I honestly don't know why I even bother with these posts...

Fine... Just don't respond to my posts.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Drouin was quite disappointing last season but I still think we got a decent value in that trade. We'll see in the future.

I hate it when people are jumping the gun too fast, and it's always the case around here...

The majority of Bergevin's big trades are still in the air IMO.

We will be able to adequately judge those trades later not now...

I disagree. Sergachev could end up making last season look like a flash in the pan. But players like him are building blocks. We just traded Subban and lost puck mobility in the Weber trade. We needed a defenceman like him just as badly as we needed centers. And given our current situation, even if he hadn’t played last year if we kept him, just knowing we had a player like him in the pipeline given the circumstances of the team right now would’ve been a lot more reassuring moving forward then having winger with 60 point upside. Wingers are available all the time and if you have a competent staff, it’s not hard to find ways to get good ones, especially if you’re building the team properly by surrounding them with good centers.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I disagree. Sergachev could end up making last season look like a flash in the pan. But players like him are building blocks. We just traded Subban and lost puck mobility in the Weber trade. We needed a defenceman like him just as badly as we needed centers. And given our current situation, even if he hadn’t played last year if we kept him, just knowing we had a player like him in the pipeline given the circumstances of the team right now would’ve been a lot more reassuring moving forward then having winger with 60 point upside. Wingers are available all the time and if you have a competent staff, it’s not hard to find ways to get good ones, especially if you’re building the team properly by surrounding them with good centers.
Drouin Will probably be a Jordan Eberle

Sergachev has Hedman, Carlson potential.

Reactions: nhlfan9191 and LaP

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Clearly, they thought Drouin could be a center!

I guess it ends there...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Also it's not really true that he was only potential. He was a top 10 pick and a blue chip prospect. We are not talking about Mete or Juulsen like rose tinted glasses potential. Blue chip prospects are very very hard to get and come at a premium. Drouin was one too but playing a position less valuable. His 50 point season was under his potential so he had proven nothing yet. You had to assume he would keep getting better cause you don't trade guys like Sergachev for 50 points player no way.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Clearly, they thought Drouin could be a center!

I guess it ends there...

Does that alone not raise your eye brows?A small forward who does have skill, but is soft brought into play center with little to no experience outside a year in junior? Who decided he had the upside to be a center? And how often do you see a team try to convert a player like that to be a first line player at that position?

Also it's not really true that he was only potential. He was a top 10 pick and a blue chip prospect. We are not talking about Mete or Juulsen like rose tinted glasses potential. Blue chip prospects are very very hard to get and come at a premium. Drouin was one too but playing a position less valuable. His 50 point season was under his potential so he had proven nothing yet. You had to assume he would keep getting better cause you don't trade guys like Sergachev for 50 points player no way.

I’m just trying to keep my posts as short as possible. Anybody who kept track of him from the World Juniors in 16/17 would know his stock was rising and the past season wasn’t as unpredictable as certain people make it out to be.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Does that alone not raise your eye brows?A small forward who does have skill, but is soft brought into play center with little to no experience outside a year in junior? Who decided he had the upside to be a center? And how often do you see a team try to convert a player like that to be a first line player at that position?

Again, I didn't detest Drouin at the center, I can understand the logic behind.

The guy is a good skater, extremely gifted playmaker with a decent shot and high hockey IQ.

I mean this guy screams center for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad