Molson Cup - Antti Niemi

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I don't follow Marinaro but I think there is some sarcasm there. People are fast on making someone a new hero or a new zero. Habs land is some kind of bipolar territory.

Maybe a lot of people are tired of Carey Price. I look around me and talk to ordinary people and they all say it's time to trade him. Is it the best thing to do? Maybe not but I feel people are fed up of his personality and they want a change. When Habs won games or lost by a little margin having Neimi or Lindgren I saw warm hugs with Niemi and Lindgren and I feel the players like them more than Price but that's just the body language I translate, nothing more.

Reactions: MrGold

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
I don't follow Marinaro but I think there is some sarcasm there. People are fast on making someone a new hero or a new zero. Habs land is some kind of bipolar territory.

Maybe a lot of people are tired of Carey Price. I look around me and talk to ordinary people and they all say it's time to trade him. Is it the best thing to do? Maybe not but I feel people are fed up of his personality and they want a change. When Habs won games or lost by a little margin having Neimi or Lindgren I saw warm hugs with Niemi and Lindgren and I feel the players like them more than Price but that's just the body language I translate, nothing more.

Umm, you clearly didn't click the link I posted. Not sarcasm, reality.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Congrats! He definitely gave Montreal better goaltending then he did in Florida and Pittsburgh, especially lately. Still disappointed his teammates ruined his potential shutout.

Not sure what is the most surprising: D-Lo and Niemi Molson Cup Winners or Suicide Squad Academy Award Winner (last year, not yesterday)

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Umm, you clearly didn't click the link I posted. Not sarcasm, reality.
Now I've read the link and it's unbeleivable! 2 times on waivers and he becomes Molson Cup.
Nice job by Stephane Waite and Neimi himself. And Deslauriers career getting nowhere and now having a Molson Cup and a contract. Tells a lot about the rest of the team.

Reactions: MrGold

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
On one hand, I'm happy for him - he's clearly been working hard, has looked good even with a bad team in front of him, and I'm rooting for him to prolong his NHL career a little longer.

On the other hand, he has damaged the tank...

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

What Niemi has done shows how easy it was for Price to find stardom.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
What Niemi has done shows how easy it was for Price to find stardom.
Jean-Charles Lavoie made a 15 minutes talk about Carey Price last november about his attitude, his personality. Not destroying him or saying he lacks leadeship but talking about his strange personality and the fact that when summer comes, he doesn't practice. All his hockey stuff is hidden in a cabinet and he doesn't want to take a look at. Any other hockey player plays hockey once in a while, some more than others, most of them just plays relax hockey every 3 week when Price forget all about hockey.

Price did practice earlyer when Team Canada asked him and that explains the good season he had in 2016-17. But the thing is, you don't tell Price what to do if you're not Waite or god himself.

Lajoie also said there should be a serious university study about Price personality. He said he should be a perfect subject for a psychology study because he is different than other humans.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
When Habs won games or lost by a little margin having Neimi or Lindgren I saw warm hugs with Niemi and Lindgren and I feel the players like them more than Price but that's just the body language I translate, nothing more.

How about they are just happy to get some nice solid wins/games in against tough competition when everyone's written them off as complete losers? Good to see they have some pride.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Well congrats to Niemi. He's worked very hard and deserves to be rewarded. And, to a degree, has resurrected his career.

Congrats, Niemi!

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
How about they are just happy to get some nice solid wins/games in against tough competition when everyone's written them off as complete losers? Good to see they have some pride.
We can say when Price is in the nets, Habs are lazy in offense thinking they're gonna win a 2-1 game so why bother trying to score many goals when 1 or 2 is enough. Then they don't even score a single goal.
When Neimi or Lindgren is in, they play better defensivly and offensivly. That's another theory.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Jean-Charles Lavoie made a 15 minutes talk about Carey Price last november about his attitude, his personality. Not destroying him or saying he lacks leadeship but talking about his strange personality and the fact that when summer comes, he doesn't practice. All his hockey stuff is hidden in a cabinet and he doesn't want to take a look at. Any other hockey player plays hockey once in a while, some more than others, most of them just plays relax hockey every 3 week when Price forget all about hockey.
I would rather have Niemi giving 100% every night

Last edited by a moderator:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Good on this guy. Like to see guys like this come back. Gallagher would've been a worthy choice as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad