MHL General Discussion - Part III

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
some pathetic performance by MHL selects, loosing to Princeton. Bunch of future VHL/KHL players loosing to a team, who's players will be managers 2-3 years from now, playing hockey in beer leagues.
I had been to many MHL selects games now, there just isn't any desire to play hard often-times, for them it's a fun trip to take and go shopping in the states. It's best they don't come at all.

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
some pathetic performance by MHL selects, loosing to Princeton. Bunch of future VHL/KHL players loosing to a team, who's players will be managers 2-3 years from now, playing hockey in beer leagues.
I had been to many MHL selects games now, there just isn't any desire to play hard often-times, for them it's a fun trip to take and go shopping in the states. It's best they don't come at all.

Can you explain where Efinov sees the sense in those matchs ?
He should rather go to Finland/Sweden to see how they work with their outgoing juniors...

The VHL teams are just pathetic and the KHL teams are full of foreign players so the young and perhaps perspective players from MHL have no place to go.

AHL/VHL are ticket to their hockey retirements.

The only reasonable thing is to create one or two KHL teams which will be full of the best of the best VHL/MHL players.
I think there will be a huge motivation playing there.
Perhaps it can cure the junior leaving for CHL even.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
He should rather go to Finland/Sweden to see how they work with their outgoing juniors...

The VHL teams are just pathetic and the KHL teams are full of foreign players so the young and perhaps perspective players from MHL have no place to go.

The only reasonable thing is to create one or two KHL teams which will be full of the best of the best VHL/MHL players.

Maximum five foreigners per team = full of foreigners?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

I think Efimov was under impression, that eventually chl teams would catch on, but this isnt happening.
Moreover, ppl from mhl staff are extremely unfriendly, pkayers wont acknowlege russian-speaking fans, who come to support ( forget me, but my nephew was screaming shaibu-shaibu all game long, they wouldnt even high five him)

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
I think Efimov was under impression, that eventually chl teams would catch on, but this isnt happening.
Moreover, ppl from mhl staff are extremely unfriendly, pkayers wont acknowlege russian-speaking fans, who come to support ( forget me, but my nephew was screaming shaibu-shaibu all game long, they wouldnt even high five him)
maybe loosing to some clerks-in-the-making somewhat explains their snippy mood, no?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Rumors of Czech team being done after failing to report to Minsk.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Great, Russians must sustain a Czech club....

It is like with Slovan Bratislava. What the GM said is, that they also had sponsors from Russia and therefore money issues.
Isn't it so, that the league has general sponsors and from the money are sponsored the clubs? Im asking, in dont know... Vorky?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
It is like with Slovan Bratislava. What the GM said is, that they also had sponsors from Russia and therefore money issues.
Isn't it so, that the league has general sponsors and from the money are sponsored the clubs? Im asking, in dont know... Vorky?

To some degree yes, i think

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
So, Energie is done. How many teams in MHL and MHL B drop from the league this season?

Energie is the third team by my account. Two teams dropped out from the MHL B. I think this is the first time when upper tier team forfeits its season.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Yeah, as if we don't have enough teams to pay for.

Exactly! Money is going to be a problem anyway, and for now, it seems that the MHL is operating with a loss of money for probably all of the teams. It will be hard for Czech, Slovak and other teams who don't have other teams in country with which they can build rivalries. Maybe the same mistake as the KHL - too much expansion too soon, without building a solid financial and competitive base to trade on.

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
Does anyone know why ustinka doesn't have a mhl team instead of torpedo-2 who play in the Kazakh league. Torpedo-2 is basically a mhl team, it's mostly 18,19,20 year olds and they aren't competitive at all in the Kazakh league. The mhl seems like a better fit for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad