Hungary: MOL schedule and games

BroadwayJay*

Hello, I'm an American who will be traveling to Budapest in September.

I was hoping to catch a MOL game, or really any level game, while I'm there.

Anyone here know how I can get tickets?

I see that the schedule still isn't out, while the season appears to start in the first week of September.

If anyone can give me some guidance, I will greatly appreciate it.

Also, restaurant recommendations from a local are always accepted. :)

Purple hippo

Jan 3, 2010
Louvain-la-Neuve
Schedule has been out for a few weeks now, the season begins on the 19th with none of the Budapest clubs playing at home. However, Ferencvárosi is playing the Vice-Champions on the 20th.

Couldnt help you on the tickets part, not trying to sound rude but did you check the clubs websites? Either way, according to a member on another forum (respectable member), the matches in Budapest are not very well attended so you should have no troubles getting tickets at the door.

http://icehockey.hu/oldalak/mol_liga/menetrend

Side note, Székesfehérvár isnt too far, you could check out an EBEL match. They begin on the 12th at home against Villach.

BroadwayJay*

Schedule has been out for a few weeks now, the season begins on the 19th with none of the Budapest clubs playing at home. However, Ferencvárosi is playing the Vice-Champions on the 20th.

Couldnt help you on the tickets part, not trying to sound rude but did you check the clubs websites? Either way, according to a member on another forum (respectable member), the matches in Budapest are not very well attended so you should have no troubles getting tickets at the door.

http://icehockey.hu/oldalak/mol_liga/menetrend

Side note, Székesfehérvár isnt too far, you could check out an EBEL match. They begin on the 12th at home against Villach.

Ha! When you do it in English, it takes you to last year's schedule:

http://en.icehockey.hu/oldalak/mol_liga/menetrend

That's why I couldn't find it.

I'm going to be there from the 1st to the 10th.

I did check several club websites but I have a very hard time navigating since I don't speak the language.

Are you a local? If hockey hasn't started yet, is there another sport going on at that time to go see?

Purple hippo

Jan 3, 2010
Louvain-la-Neuve
Haha ohh yeah, it seems to always take leagues much longer to update the English version of their site.

If you are there for those dates, Ferencvárosi is playing a test match against Dab.Docler in Pesterzsébet. As well, again if you want to take a trip down to Székesfehérvár, they are hosting a tournament on the 6th and 7th with HC Orli Znojmo and EC Graz 99ers.

If you wanted to go up to Slovakia, HK Orange 20 is playing an Extraliga match against HK Poprad on the 9th in Bratislava. Then again, if you are willing to take a trip up to Bratislava, just go to a KHL match as Slovan is home on the 4th against KHL Medveščak Zagreb.

No, not a local, just trying to help. :) Their football league will be in action if you want to catch a match there, other than that, I wouldnt know.

BroadwayJay*

Haha ohh yeah, it seems to always take leagues much longer to update the English version of their site.

If you are there for those dates, Ferencvárosi is playing a test match against Dab.Docler in Pesterzsébet. As well, again if you want to take a trip down to Székesfehérvár, they are hosting a tournament on the 6th and 7th with HC Orli Znojmo and EC Graz 99ers.

If you wanted to go up to Slovakia, HK Orange 20 is playing an Extraliga match against HK Poprad on the 9th in Bratislava. Then again, if you are willing to take a trip up to Bratislava, just go to a KHL match as Slovan is home on the 4th against KHL MedveÅ¡čak Zagreb.

No, not a local, just trying to help. :) Their football league will be in action if you want to catch a match there, other than that, I wouldnt know.

Cool, thanks!

My wife will never agree to go to Bratislava for a hockey game, so I'll do that Ferenc game which is fairly close to where I'm staying (I think) in Gerloczy.

I would LOVE to go to a soccer game but it appears there are none on in the country during the week we are there. I checked. Must be some kind of holiday or something.

kerusz

Jul 29, 2014
Hi

These are the September matches in Budapest (and within 70kms) what we know at the moment.

preseason (some additions might happen):
szeptember 5. 18:30 Dab.Docler–Debreceni HK (Dunaújváros)
szeptember 6-7.: Ifj, Ocskay Gábor Memorial, (Székesfehérvár), participants: Fehérvár, Graz, Olimpija, ?
szeptember 9. 19:00 Ferencvárosi TC–Dab.Docler (Budapest, Pesterzsébet)
szeptember 12. 18:30 Dab.Docler–Ferencvárosi TC (Dunaújváros)

MOL Liga regular season (already fixed):
2014.09.19 Dab.Docler - ASC Corona Brasov (Dunaújváros)
2014.09.20 Ferencvárosi TC - ASC Corona Brasov (Pesterzsébet)
2014.09.21 UTE - HC Nové Zámky (Budapest, Újpest)
2014.09.21 Dab.Docler - Debreceni HK (Dunaújváros)
2014.09.22 UTE - HSC Csíkszereda (Újpest)
2014.09.23 Dab.Docler - Ferencvárosi TC (Dunaújváros)
2014.09.26 Ferencvárosi TC - Debreceni HK (Pesterzsébet)
2014.09.28 UTE - Ferencvárosi TC (Újpest)

face-offs on regular season matches TBD (around 10th August these will also be fixed)

Tickets:
in Dunaújváros: standing: 1.000,- HUF, seated: 1.500,- HUF
in Pesterzsébet: no proper info yet, but it should be roughly 1.000,- HUF (standing only)
in Újpest: also no proper info yet, around 1.000,- HUF / ticket (seated only)

exchange rate:
1EUR ~ 300...310 HUF

I don't think you will have trouble to get a ticket but if you know when you will be in Hungary and PM me the match(es) you want to see I will take care to get your tickets reserved... ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad