WWE: Mohammed Ali - WWE Hall of Fame?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I forgot Arnold was in. Sheesh. But that's all Triple H and also the fact it gives another moment for Bruno who's his buddy.

I actually have no problem with Trump being in. He was part of a Mania main event that got some buzz, although I don't recall much about it and it was one of those Manias I skipped. As far as WWE touting the ratings he brought in, well, since about 2001 any hiccup upward in ratings is cause for WWE to issue a statement.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't think there's a real argument based on merit to induct anyone over Ali in the celebrity wing.

Maybe you are talking about future inductees, but if not, Mike Tyson is the most impactful celebrity WWE ever used.

If there has to be a celebrity wing, then Tyson, Mr. T, and Trump are the most deserving.

By current HOF standards, Ali definitely deserves induction.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Maybe you are talking about future inductees, but if not, Mike Tyson is the most impactful celebrity WWE ever used.

If there has to be a celebrity wing, then Tyson, Mr. T, and Trump are the most deserving.

By current HOF standards, Ali definitely deserves induction.

Future candidates, he's easily #1. I think there's definitely an argument to be made for him over all celebrities given his history and being one of the first celebs to be used within the product to help sell it and did it at various important points in history. Tyson had one real memorable run and involvement absolutely. Ali helped draw eyes to it during the regional days and for WM1.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Just to add...
The name of Nakamura's finishing move...
Both Bomaye in Japan...
And Kinshasa in NXT...
Is a tribute to "Rumble in the Jungle"...
So Ali's influence is still evident to this day.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Future candidates, he's easily #1. I think there's definitely an argument to be made for him over all celebrities given his history and being one of the first celebs to be used within the product to help sell it and did it at various important points in history. Tyson had one real memorable run and involvement absolutely. Ali helped draw eyes to it during the regional days and for WM1.

Will Stephen Ammel get future consideration? He has appeared 2-3 times, say's he wants to appear a few more times and actually was part of a match at a ppv.

Also anyone remember this Sandow/Magneto interaction with Hugh Jackman.:laugh:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm fairly certain that any celebrity that appears in a somewhat prominent position would go in at this point so yeah. Amell will go in and he'll probably be the only celeb that truly cares and is thrilled about it.

Arrow has a lot of similarities with Raw actually. Used to be good but is trash now....there's talent there but the writing team is butchering it hard by catering to the wrong market (Raw = the children, Arrow = any dumbdumb who thinks Felicity is a good character)...ratings are dropping...

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I just always assumed he was in it. I can think of a great reason for him not to be there, unless Ali just flat out refused.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I saw an interview recently where Ali (and I would assume the entire audience) thinks wrestling is real, its kind of funny now (2:18)

You know hes talking about "professional" wrestling because he says gorgeous george who inspired his persona

The rest of the interview is great as hes asked about the draft and hes still cassius clay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad