Moderators: Suggestion re Mock Draft Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I really have no interest in any threads other than mock Entry Draft Threads. My guess is that many others feel the same way.

The mock Entry Drafts are interesting because we can compare our selections with the actual selections of the NHL GMs. Three-to-five years later, we can who can really spot talent---or, perhaps, just got very luck---and who'd been better working at the local Dairy Queen or doing telemarketing.

So, can we SEPARATE the mock Entry Draft Threads from all the other fantasy-draft threads? If you're interested in what the All-Time Slovakian team would look like or only players from Prince Edward Island, can we do that on something other than a Mock Entry Draft Board?

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Kick Save said:
So, can we SEPARATE the mock Entry Draft Threads from all the other fantasy-draft threads? If you're interested in what the All-Time Slovakian team would look like or only players from Prince Edward Island, can we do that on something other than a Mock Entry Draft Board?

I dont se the word Entry in HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects Board > The Mock Draft Board > , it simply sais Mock Draft, which means we could draft our family members to go fight in various wars around the world. I'll take my uncle Adam first overall, and he will be fighting against the Robots of Nantucket.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
You Confused Your Handle with Your Location

mowzie said:
I dont se the word Entry in HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects Board > The Mock Draft Board > , it simply sais Mock Draft, which means we could draft our family members to go fight in various wars around the world. I'll take my uncle Adam first overall, and he will be fighting against the Robots of Nantucket.

Kno Eyedea should have been your handle: you succeeded in totally missing the point. The way this Board currently is constituted, you could any sort of bogus mock draft you like, provided it bears some tenuous relationship to hockey.

I'm not interested in ANY mock drafts other than the ones that relate to this year's Entry Draft. I think there are many others who feel the same way. I'm suggesting that the moderators set up one board that deals exclusively with this year's Entry Draft. All OTHER mock drafts should be on a separate board. Is the concept of splitting the current board into two boards beyond your comprehension?

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
This sub-board was part of the fantasy board but was moved to the Prospects board at the time of all this draft talk so technically...all these drafts have a right to be here and the mock entry drafts are along for the ride. I doubt they create a whole new one just for those ones because its not hard to separate the entry mocks from the fantasy mocks.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Or is it possible to add [FANTASY] or [REALISTIC] to the titles. This is how some merged boards are working now.

aaronm_88

May 17, 2004
If you think the majority of people would prefer to only see mock entry drafts then why do so many people sign up for and show interest in other mock drafts..

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Kick Save said:
Kno Eyedea should have been your handle: you succeeded in totally missing the point. The way this Board currently is constituted, you could any sort of bogus mock draft you like, provided it bears some tenuous relationship to hockey.

I'm not interested in ANY mock drafts other than the ones that relate to this year's Entry Draft. I think there are many others who feel the same way. I'm suggesting that the moderators set up one board that deals exclusively with this year's Entry Draft. All OTHER mock drafts should be on a separate board. Is the concept of splitting the current board into two boards beyond your comprehension?

I agree here.............the other mock drafts bear no interest except the 30 or so guys in that draft. I would like a special section on the board just for NHL entry draft mocks.

And now Fred will entertain!
:banana:
I call him Fred

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
aaronm_88 said:
If you think the majority of people would prefer to only see mock entry drafts then why do so many people sign up for and show interest in other mock drafts..

aaron: What I said in my two posts in this thread was (1) "My guess is that many others feel the same way" and (2) " think there are many others who feel the same way". I don't think either of those statements imply that posters aren't interested in other forms of mock drafts.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that most of the outright fantasy draft posters are ages 20 or younger. (Obviously, there are a number of exceptions.) All I'm requesting is that the boards be separated. I'm not suggesting that ANY type of mock draft necessarily be eliminated.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I think this is silly. Read the thread titles, and if you don't want to participate don't go in. It doesn't cause that many problems and a forum (or sub-forum) devoted to only mock-drafts would be a waste of space. Better to have them combined and have one decent sized forum rather than two undersized ones.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Kick Save said:

wow, comprehension, thats a pretty big word. im gonna go look it up in my book of words and what they mean, but smart men like you call them dictionaries i think. Once I fully know what that word comprehension means, I will come back onto my typingboard and plug in my internet, then I will look at my computer tv, and write some buttons that make words and let you know how smart I am.

degroat*

Flame_Star_Devil said:
I think this is silly. Read the thread titles, and if you don't want to participate don't go in. It doesn't cause that many problems and a forum (or sub-forum) devoted to only mock-drafts would be a waste of space. Better to have them combined and have one decent sized forum rather than two undersized ones.

His point is that he WANTS to participate, but when you come to this board looking for 2004 Mock Entry Drafts, you have to weed through a bunch of other stuff you don't care about to find the few that you actually care about. It might not be that bad if some of the thread titles weren't misleading. Anyway... I'd rather see this board stay as a fantasy sub-board and real mocks... the few that we seems to have this year... stick in the prospects board.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
mowzie said:
wow, comprehension, thats a pretty big word. im gonna go look it up in my book of words and what they mean, but smart men like you call them dictionaries i think. Once I fully know what that word comprehension means, I will come back onto my typingboard and plug in my internet, then I will look at my computer tv, and write some buttons that make words and let you know how smart I am.

Unfortunately, mowzie, we already are poignantly aware of how "smart" you are. There's no need to embellish.

Stich: Thank you.

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
kick save, you make a perfectly reasonable suggestion (although one that I think the mods have heard plenty of times on the hf service and feedback board and have already come to a decision about).

but I don't really care for the condescending tone of your posts in this thread, and my guess is that many others feel the same way...

edit- I'm not talking about your dialogue with mowzie.

crakced

Mar 4, 2002
Saskatoon
Visit site
I agree with Kick Save, it would be nice if the Mock Entry Drafts and the Mock NHL Drafts could be seperated in two different boards. Like Kick Save, I don't have much interest in all the different all time NHL, all European, etc drafts, but I do enjoy looking a the different mock Entry Drafts that people create. I also find it hard to differentiate between the two from the wide range of titles given to both types of mock drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->