[MOD] Why is Pyatt still on the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Pyatt is the very definition of "meh." One of the more nondescript players on this team and in the league.

However, he is good enough to be in the NHL and is an adequate bottom 6 player. I am no fan of his (everyone knows this), but he is a legitimate NHLer.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Pyatt is the very definition of "meh." One of the more nondescript players on this team and in the league.

However, he is good enough to be in the NHL and is an adequate bottom 6 player. I am no fan of his (everyone knows this), but he is a legitimate NHLer.

A lot of fans don't want to admit this, and they compound the issue by insisting that Miller, Fast, Kreider, Kristo, Lindberg (or whoever else) are NHL ready, even though they aren't. I wish there was a better option on the roster than Pyatt. Theres not. Im not about to make things up regarding the younger players to jettison Pyatt.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
A lot of fans don't want to admit this, and they compound the issue by insisting that Miller, Fast, Kreider, Kristo, Lindberg (or whoever else) are NHL ready, even though they aren't. I wish there was a better option on the roster than Pyatt. Theres not. Im not about to make things up regarding the younger players to jettison Pyatt.

Agreed. He's the right player for the current situation (well, the right player in our organization, anyway).

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
crow.jpg

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Rangers played their best game in a long time and they did it with zero kids in the lineup/Boyle and Pyatt playing. How in the world did that happen!?!?

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
This thread seems kind of silly today huh?

It's been one game. He started last year as a board favorite and ended up the favorite whipping boy.

I like what I saw from him (and a lot of others last night), but he still has a lot to prove imho. If he still looks as good 20 games in, I'll be convinced.

Thesensation19*

Pyatt had two solid games. Clean slate means you wipe out your memory of him last season.

He plays tough. Hes impressing me. I like him as a bubble player, meaning a guy who may or may not play come game time. But if he does play. We have a tough big forward who is looking for redemption. He almost had a nice goal yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->