[MOD] Pavelec done for the year?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Well, I'm counting a knee scope as surgery, as he's been reported to have had a knee scope.

The story as presented:

1) Pavelec takes practice, says he's ready

2) Maurice later says he's not ready, there was something they didn't like in his recovery

3) Ken Wiebe tweets out of the blue that Pavelec has had season ending surgery.

4) The team comes out and says, no, it's not season ending, it's a knee scope with a normal 2-3 week recovery, sometimes longer with a goalie.

The wrench in this is Ken Wiebe's tweet, that doesn't appear to come from anyone within the team but whatever source he's using. Unless the suggestion is that the team leaked season ending surgery and then publicly said something else.

1) Pavelec takes practice, says he's 100% ready and wants to play lots of games

1a) Maurice says Pav will be one of the two goalies active for the next game.

2) Maurice later (the next morning) says Pav passed the on ice but not the off-ice test and that he (maurice) decided to keep him out.

4) The team (Maurice) comes out and says, no, it's not season ending, it's a knee scope with a normal 2-3 week recovery, sometimes longer with a goalie. He (Maurice) also indicates that it was Pav who decided to take himself out as he didn't want to "risk it."

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
1) Pavelec takes practice, says he's 100% ready and wants to play lots of games

1a) Maurice says Pav will be one of the two goalies active for the next game.

2) Maurice later (the next morning) says Pav passed the on ice but not the off-ice test and that he (maurice) decided to keep him out.

4) The team (Maurice) comes out and says, no, it's not season ending, it's a knee scope with a normal 2-3 week recovery, sometimes longer with a goalie. He (Maurice) also indicates that it was Pav who decided to take himself out as he didn't want to "risk it."

There's really not much different in my time line to yours. In fact, yours makes it seem even less "fishy". If Pavelec consulted with doctors after Thursday practice and they recommend this, he can take himself out. He's not going to the doctor before media availability after Thursday's practice. He probably felt fine, talked to the doctor that afternoon, they said you're not 100%.

I'm really trying to see where some are thinking there's something strange about the situation, but I can't see it, unless you believe that Chevy and Maurice are incompetent nitwit that can't coach or put together a team but are savvy enough to conspire to take Pavelec off the ice with a sudden surgery, the consequences of lying about being quite serious CBA wise, all for a goalie who isn't in the long term plans of a team that isn't making the playoffs.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I guess we'll have to agree to see things differently. No big whoop. I'm certainly not alone though n thinking there's a bit more to the situation than the official party line suggests though...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Situation does seem off but I have no basis to go on other than my gut. Either way it doesn't matter, Pavs is effectively done with the org. I'm happy the Sega appears to be over and we can grab a different veteran goalie this offseason.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Helle doesn't play a game, call up Comrie....no way do I want to see Hutch in goal here again.

y2gray

Jul 27, 2011
Maybe he'll end up on a team with a Master System and become a superstar ;)

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Helle needs a game off. Maurice is kind of running him in to the ground. Give hutch a start. Problem with Maurice is he rides his starter a little too much. 12 13 games in a row. Give him a game off

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Helle needs a game off. Maurice is kind of running him in to the ground. Give hutch a start. Problem with Maurice is he rides his starter a little too much. 12 13 games in a row. Give him a game off

Need to win every game at this point, and I guess playing Helle gives us a better chance. Tired or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->