[MOD] Pavelec done for the year?

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Your link doesn't work but according to Wiebe he requires surgery so has probably played his last game as a Jet.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I'm wondering where sip gets his news from that you can't even link to it... ;)

Too bad for Pav. I wish him all the best with his next team.

I didn't even know you could have surgery to fix pulling yourself from the game because you already let in three goals. :naughty:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm wondering where sip gets his news from that you can't even link to it... ;)

Too bad for Pav. I wish him all the best with his next team.

I didn't even know you could have surgery to fix pulling yourself from the game because you already let in three goals. :naughty:

Damn Hockey Feed crap sight *#*@!:rant:

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Wow - that was unexpected!

So Hellebuyck is going to play every game left in the season (absent maybe a Comrie late-season call up after we're officially eliminated)? I don't think Maurice has a tiny shred of confidence in Hutch these days...

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wow - that was unexpected!

So Hellebuyck is going to play every game left in the season (absent maybe a Comrie late-season call up after we're officially eliminated)? I don't think Maurice has a tiny shred of confidence in Hutch these days...

Jets have two B2B's remaining.

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Seems to be a common theme for Jets players this year. Guy goes out with what appears to be a harmless injury, ETA is a couple weeks. A month later we catch wind of them having surgery to fix something. Tough way for him to end his his time with the Jets, but at least he got 1 more stint with the big club. Wish him all the best going forward, be interesting to see how he comes back from this.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Seems to be a common theme for Jets players this year. Guy goes out with what appears to be a harmless injury, ETA is a couple weeks. A month later we catch wind of them having surgery to fix something. Tough way for him to end his his time with the Jets, but at least he got 1 more stint with the big club. Wish him all the best going forward, be interesting to see how he comes back from this.

Yep... I am happy to be watching form very, very far away whenever it is he does come back.

Thank you for dragging us into the playoffs that one time, Pav (credit to Hutch for playing very well the first half of that season though). That's about all I can say.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I would suspect he has played his last game in the NHL. Any GM looking at his accomplishments this year won't be able to get past an .888 save percent and giving up at least 3 goals in every game to focus on the "timely" saves and the confidence of the team playing in front of him.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

We will remember how he was "nearly perfect" this year. We will always have that :sarcasm:

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I would suspect he has played his last game in the NHL. Any GM looking at his accomplishments this year won't be able to get past an .888 save percent and giving up at least 3 goals in every game to focus on the "timely" saves and the confidence of the team playing in front of him.

Disagree. He's still a veteran netminder. GMs always think they're smarter than everyone else in the league and can "save" a player's career. He'll be hired on somewhere as a #2, and as a number 2 he'll probably post better numbers than he has been in Winnipeg.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Strange...he was reportedly fine on the ice the other day and Maurice said he had a problem off the ice and suddenly he's got season ending surgery? WTF?

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Seems like they're happy with hellebuycks progress the past few games and needed a solid excuse to stash Pavelec away without waiving him as a courtesy to his time here...

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Seems like they're happy with hellebuycks progress the past few games and needed a solid excuse to stash Pavelec away without waiving him as a courtesy to his time here...

So they force him to have unnecessary surgery and he agrees?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Now I'm confused:

then:

Maurice added that recovery time for this type of procedure is usually 2-3 weeks for a player but could be longer for a goalie.

So which is it? If Pavelec is lucky and back in 2 weeks he gets to watch hockey from the bench. If he's back in 4 weeks or "longer because he's a goalie" he will be back in time to clean out his locker.

Then again... maybe Chevy will extend him because he hasn't played for a while and hasn't been properly evaluated. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad