[Mod edit] Season Ticket Holders: Will you be keeping your tickets?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
They will raise prices the usual amount and if someone complains and drops them they will replace them with one of the 8k on the list.

They are raising the prices the usual amount for people coming off their 3 year contract? Link?

seasontixholder*

They are raising the prices the usual amount for people coming off their 3 year contract? Link?

I think it was stated in the contract that it was a max of 3% a year.
I could be wrong though.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I think it was stated in the contract that it was a max of 3% a year.
I could be wrong though.

Yes, but the P6 and P7 contracts are up after this season. They could raise it by anything this off-season if they want, unless they roll over the same guarantee into the next deals.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yes, but the P6 and P7 contracts are up after this season. They could raise it by anything this off-season if they want, unless they roll over the same guarantee into the next deals.

They are not going to jack up the prices, of the first tickets up for renewal. I'd expect them to have the same % increase as tickets in other sections.

TSM

Go Jets Go
Jun 12, 2011
Winnipeg
For season ticket holders only - Do you plan to continue to support this team by purchasing season tickets? How much have you spent over the last 3 years and how are you feeling about paying for this team knowing ticket prices will escalate (with an escalating salary cap)?

Yes I plan to be a season ticket holder for as long as I can afford it & I'm able to go to the games; I'd like to one day pass on my SeasonTickets to the next generation in our family as well -- win or lose.

I'm in affordable P5s (2 seats), so I'm spending over $6k a year so far, have 2 more years left on current contract. I'm assuming that annual increases of 3%; anything less is a bonus.

Between tickets, parking, merchandise, food/drinks/concessions, meals before game, 50/50, etc. I'm easily dropping an additional $100-$200 per game on top of my season tickets (across two people).

So that's $6k+ for tickets, plus 42 home games x $100....that's easily $10k a year. That's what I budgeted for when I first signed up & thats what its looking like over this first 5 yr period.

I'm lucky to have the opportunity & financial means to do it, but to me, its a priority -- so I don't travel too much & vacations are spent here in Manitoba or within driving distances.

When/if I have the chance to upgrade my seats, I'm thinking I will pass and keep my current seats....I enjoy the people in the section and the liveliness of the 300 P5 section; I have friends that sit closer in the lower bowl but don't have half as much fun. Plus, selling P5s to friends/family or on SeatExchange is easier than selling games in more expensive seats.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Plus, selling P5s to friends/family or on SeatExchange is easier than selling games in more expensive seats.
This is very true. Any P7s I put on seat exchange are usually sold within 25-45 minutes.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
P4 holder, we will definitely be renewing, albeit selling off seats to certain games while retaining ownership rights. 41 games is a lot of games to attend...

kasps

Oct 14, 2013
Most people are smart enough to have realized , this team was not going to be a instant contender and it will take time for our young draft picks to mature and get this team straightened out from Atlanta !

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Ooook. Yeah, I mean, Louvre, Pompidou, Orsay, Notre Dame, Versailles, Eiffel, Arc De Triomphe, Moulin Rouge, Latin Quarter, Champs-Elysees on and on. What a dump eh?

I know all those things sound great on paper, and everyone's girlfriend wants to go there, but believe me if you ever go make sure to visit the smaller towns in France, you'll like it a thousand times more. One of the main problems is the people. Half of Paris is tourists and the other half is locals who hate tourists.

If you want a truly amazing time go to Austria. Very much like Germany, but cheaper.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
paris is one of the greatest cities on earth.

i will likely drop off the wait list next year...i have half a seat in P3 (4 guys 2 seats) and felt that because the seats are not in my name it would be best to go on the wait list, just in case....but as tickets have now become more available and finding people to drop $3000 every year for 20 tickets becomes more difficult, I dont think I need that insurance anymore.....and i could never go to the upper deck after having seats down below.

lighthouses

Jan 12, 2014
Something worth mentioning is that not all P6 & P7 seats are up for renewal this summer.

Any transfers P1-P7 between parties after year 1 pushed back those agreements one year.

TLP

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I know all those things sound great on paper, and everyone's girlfriend wants to go there, but believe me if you ever go make sure to visit the smaller towns in France, you'll like it a thousand times more. One of the main problems is the people. Half of Paris is tourists and the other half is locals who hate tourists.

If you want a truly amazing time go to Austria. Very much like Germany, but cheaper.

Loved Paris (being able to speak french and of french heritage probably helped), but also loved Austria. Vienna was an absolutely great city to visit.

Puckschmuck*

the collective circle jerk going on at CalgaryPuck is embarrassing. were in the top half of league revenue, have a long wait list for season tickets, and people are making an issue over some singles not being sold until last minute in a season the jets stink? time to panic i guess! :shakehead

What do you expect though? It's Calgary. People in that city have a superiority attitude towards us (why, I'll never know because there really is nothing more outrageously spectacular about that city compared to ours). People in that city **** on us every chance they get. Can't stand the city and can't stand the vast majority of people. I lived there for two lousy months, and the first chance I had to get out I jumped on. IMO, the best view of Calgary is watching it get smaller and smaller in your rear-view mirror.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa

Umm what? You think I haven't been there? Weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad