[Mod edit] Season Ticket Holders: Will you be keeping your tickets?

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
People on this HF Board have discussed our consistently average record, our winning percentage, the CORSI numbers (which have gained traction), our inconsistencies ... the coaching, GM, players, need for trades, need for firings. This has all been covered and I think we all anticipate changes coming; the question is when or how long.

So my question is focused towards SEASON ticket holders only. You're spending all the cash and keeping the team in the city. No offense to those of you like me who head to several games a year and buy the merch. It's great to represent but we're not dropping nearly 10K+ a year on tickets, parking, concessions, etc.

For season ticket holders only - Do you plan to continue to support this team by purchasing season tickets? How much have you spent over the last 3 years and how are you feeling about paying for this team knowing ticket prices will escalate (with an escalating salary cap)?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I'm 99.9% sure that I will be a season ticket holder for life. In the event that I relocate from Winnipeg, I'll hold on to STs and sell them to family/friends/interested buyers. If I can't sell them for a particular game, then I'll donate to charity.

Considering the heartache I felt when the NHL left and the sheer joy I felt when it came back, it would just feel wrong not to support them as a season ticket holder. YMMV, of course.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I too intend to be a season ticket holder for life.
Its expensive but I find that I get out what I put in.

As far as on ice product factors into my decision making, as long as I can support the goals of the team I'll be a ticket holder.
If I ever felt like the team didn't have a plan, things might change (example: the bombers). I understand there will be good teams and bad that play in Winnipeg, what I don't have patience for is an organization that has no direction.

To be honest though the thought of giving up my seats seems extremely far fetched.

EDIT: Also the thread title is pretty disconnected from the thread content :laugh:
Not what I was expecting entering the thread.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Ticket holder for life too, unless things change like a move because of a job or something. I am fully supportive of my Jets, but long before their return I am one of those who love just watching the game.

It feels weird not having a game on when one is on in my house, even as background noise.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I personally know around 20 or so season ticket holders via family and work and not a single one is going to cancel

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Season ticket holder, part of a group, go to 13-15 games/year. Tickets are in my name.

Didn't expect a cup by now. Looking at Toronto it may be a very, very long time before we ever see one. Team has, in my opinion, progressed each year (first year was a mulligan regardless) so that's fine. It doesn't appear so this year though, but I'm comfortable with the product to a certain extent.

As wpgsilver says, the team appears to have a plan. It's a process, after all. So we'll see what happens going forward. Have to think Noel's on the hot seat to an extent and in a couple of years, without further progression, so too will Chevy. That's fine by me.

Realistically as long as management doesn't start making foolish or questionable moves my patience will last a very long time. When Jets 1.0 went away I said I'd do my part when they returned and I'll keep doing so until it's no longer economically feasible to do so.

I do think TNSE needs to be aware of price saturation regarding it's market. $400+ for a pair of P2's on seat exchange after fees, etc.? That's pushing your market pretty hard with a team that's not winning. They need to recognize the reality of their market and the product they're selling. It's not Toronto, no matter how much the market may have resembled it for a year or two.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I think we'll sign up for another 4 years when this one is up. Hard to know what our situations will be by the time that one is up. Honestly we jumped in on season tickets because we thought we wouldn't be able to see games without paying through the nose if we didn't.

It's been enjoyable, although we thought there would be a better community in the stands with so many season ticket holders, similar to what we had in the old stadium with the Bombers. That part of it has been pretty underwhelming for both the Jets and Bombers at IGF. We've got one of the worst "hockey dads" sitting behind us yelling "SKATE, SKATE, SKATE" from the 300s for 60 minutes as if the NHL players need to hear that and can hear him at all.

Getting out to 22/23 games a year is not all that hard now, but I can see that changing with wives and children. I don't believe that the team performance is really weighing on our decision yet, if the team is still plodding along after 8 seasons that could be a different scenario. TNSE does a very good job in customer service, total 180 from the Bombers.

We're debating our Bomber season tickets right now, mostly because of the total cluster**** that the organization is and how we were treated in the transition to the new stadium and asset sale. They are going to have to get me really enthused about the on-field product and convince me that they are building some kind of organization off the field for me to renew. Thinking about not renewing Bomber tickets for me would have been an insane thought as little as 2 years ago. That's the sport I've played my entire life and now coach, have had Bombers seasons since I was 8. I haven't felt any of those negative vibes from TNSE yet.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I'll be in again. One more year on this contract, then I plan on resigning. I have a request on my account to move if something becomes available, so we will see how that goes.

I'm curious what the next round of contracts will look like though.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I think we'll sign up for another 4 years when this one is up. Hard to know what our situations will be by the time that one is up. Honestly we jumped in on season tickets because we thought we wouldn't be able to see games without paying through the nose if we didn't.

It's been enjoyable, although we thought there would be a better community in the stands with so many season ticket holders, similar to what we had in the old stadium with the Bombers. That part of it has been pretty underwhelming for both the Jets and Bombers at IGF. We've got one of the worst "hockey dads" sitting behind us yelling "SKATE, SKATE, SKATE" from the 300s for 60 minutes as if the NHL players need to hear that and can hear him at all.

Getting out to 22/23 games a year is not all that hard now, but I can see that changing with wives and children. I don't believe that the team performance is really weighing on our decision yet, if the team is still plodding along after 8 seasons that could be a different scenario. TNSE does a very good job in customer service, total 180 from the Bombers.

We're debating our Bomber season tickets right now, mostly because of the total cluster**** that the organization is and how we were treated in the transition to the new stadium and asset sale. They are going to have to get me really enthused about the on-field product and convince me that they are building some kind of organization off the field for me to renew. Thinking about not renewing Bomber tickets for me would have been an insane thought as little as 2 years ago. That's the sport I've played my entire life and now coach, have had Bombers seasons since I was 8. I haven't felt any of those negative vibes from TNSE yet.

I was extremely lucky with the people around me. We've got a great relationship, I couldn't be happier with how it worked out. So much so that when they announced the Heritage Classic I was wondering if we could all get seats together.

t3k

Jul 11, 2011
Never even crossed my mind to not sign on again. I will be keeping my seats for life!

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
I really can't imagine giving up my ST's.

Sure the "shine" has worn off...but I love hockey, love the fans in Winnipeg (except the guy that I almost knocked out for spilling beer all over my wife a few weeks ago), am a big fan of our ownership (even though I disagree with them at times...ex. HelmetPardy), and love the Jets. I've been a fan of hockey since I was 8 and am so glad to have had the luck and ability to be a ST holder.

dvst8r

Aug 18, 2011
I will be a season ticket holder for life.

I moved to Calgary a year and a half ago, but just sell off mostly to family. Try to make it to at least one game a year.

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
To be honest though the thought of giving up my seats seems extremely far fetched.

EDIT: Also the thread title is pretty disconnected from the thread content :laugh:
Not what I was expecting entering the thread.

what was the original title?

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
My financial situation is changing a bit but I still plan to be a holder for life and hopefully pass them down within the family. When my renewal comes up next year I may have to add another person into the fold but that's not a problem. I have had multiple people asking to do just that.

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
Barring a MASSIVE jump in season ticket prices, I'm not going anywhere.

I love being able to go to games, and when I can't I love making sure friends and family can see the game at a cheaper than walkup rate.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
We're stuck at 179 (IIRC) on the wait list, and have moved less than 100 spots in two seasons :cry:.

We will take whatever seats we get when our turn comes and, unless our financial situation takes a turn for the worse, keep them for life. I was in the old barn for both "last games" and I never want to experience that again.

Winnipeg hockey fans, and dare I say, a lot of other Winnipeggers, stand a little taller knowing we're part of the fraternity. We're major league, baby, on par with Toronto and Vancouver, at least in this respect.

Go, Jets, Go.

I can't wait to see what the future brings! Oh, and if Seattle football fans think they're loud, wait until the Jets are in the playoffs...we'll destroy the decibel record.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I'm 99.9% sure that I will be a season ticket holder for life. In the event that I relocate from Winnipeg, I'll hold on to STs and sell them to family/friends/interested buyers. If I can't sell them for a particular game, then I'll donate to charity.

Considering the heartache I felt when the NHL left and the sheer joy I felt when it came back, it would just feel wrong not to support them as a season ticket holder. YMMV, of course.

ditto.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
A group of STHs who spend time reading and replying to messages on HFJets might be a non-representative sample.

I don't see one negative response here, but I'm sure guys like Darth Monty will be offered seats this offseason or next - there's going to be some turnover as the contracts expire over the next few seasons. 179/5000 = 3.6% non-renewal rate over the next 3 offseasons combined (5000 STH's holding 13000 seats: 3 per owner on average - just a back of the envelope ballpark figure).

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Ditto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad