[MOD] 10 goals for John Moore this year?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Doubt he gets much power play time. Richards and Del Zotto will be on the points for one PP unit. Stralman and McDonagh should get time too. You just know Girardi will sneak his way into getting time as well.

I just don't see the opportunity for him to get to 7 or so, never mind 10. I'd say 4-5 is much more reasonable.

if richards doesnt bounce back, i would rather have moore on the pp. last season the pp looked good the few times he was on it.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
if richards doesnt bounce back, i would rather have moore on the pp. last season the pp looked good the few times he was on it.

Agreed. Moore wasn't afraid to shoot the puck and has a nice one timer.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
how many points would McIlrath put up against the US paralympic hockey team. I'm thinking he has the ability to be over 1PPG, but that's just me.

I think you'd be very surprised. At the highest level, an athlete is an athlete. As a disabled athlete, that's not my level, but these guys don't mess around.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
DZ and Stralman should definitely get PP time no questions asked. McD, Moore, Richard and Staal and Brassard are the point options for the PP. McD and Staal could probably thrive there as both definitely have untapped offensive potential, however im not so sure overloading these guys with more minutes would be a good idea. Moore playing on the 3rd pairing and PP time would not overwork him and could be very successful. in the end i really dont care who AV uses as long as its not Girardi.

PLEASE AV KEEP GIRARDI AWAY FROM THE PP

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
DZ and Stralman should definitely get PP time no questions asked. McD, Moore, Richard and Staal and Brassard are the point options for the PP. McD and Staal could probably thrive there as both definitely have untapped offensive potential, however im not so sure overloading these guys with more minutes would be a good idea. Moore playing on the 3rd pairing and PP time would not overwork him and could be very successful. in the end i really dont care who AV uses as long as its not Girardi.

PLEASE AV KEEP GIRARDI AWAY FROM THE PP

Of all the Rangers defensemen, Girardi is the most likely to actually get the puck on goal. It's a very underrated part of his game. There's a reason he scored 10 goals a couple of years ago. That being said, we need Girardi rested for other parts of the game, so I don't really want to see him on the PP too much either.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Let's keep this thread on topic. There are other threads for PP and general team discussion. Thanks.

allbossesaredumb*

Expecting 10 goals is not ridiculous at with a real offensive system if he plays the point on the PP. Again, people on this board made the same mistake with Moore that they did with Brassard. Going off of what they saw in Columbus and what Jackets fans said about him. The Jackets are a horribly run organization. The top picks on that team have had little to no help. You saw what Brassard did with a better supporting cast. The Rangers stole Moore. His offensive upside is very high.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
anywhere from 4 to 8 goals is my thought. He won't see much power play time YET (barring injuries), but he'll get half of his goals on that.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Can we stop with OFFENSIVE SYSTEM? AV doesn't employ an offensive system.

Anyway, I think he will get between 3 and 5 if he plays and gets opportunities on the PP

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Can we stop with OFFENSIVE SYSTEM? AV doesn't employ an offensive system.

Anyway, I think he will get between 3 and 5 if he plays and gets opportunities on the PP

He's plays an offensive system AFTER his defense is solid...

Thing is, our defense is one of the top 5 in the league. Offense will come, not to worry :)

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Of all the Rangers defensemen, Girardi is the most likely to actually get the puck on goal. It's a very underrated part of his game. There's a reason he scored 10 goals a couple of years ago. That being said, we need Girardi rested for other parts of the game, so I don't really want to see him on the PP too much either.

Girardi's ability to get a puck on net rivals MDZ's.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Girardi's ability to get a puck on net rivals MDZ's.

Girardi has the hardest shot.... he is far from accurate with his shot... I think even hitting the boards with the puck is a problem for him sometimes :sarcasm:

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Expecting 10 goals is not ridiculous at with a real offensive system if he plays the point on the PP. Again, people on this board made the same mistake with Moore that they did with Brassard. Going off of what they saw in Columbus and what Jackets fans said about him. The Jackets are a horribly run organization. The top picks on that team have had little to no help. You saw what Brassard did with a better supporting cast. The Rangers stole Moore. His offensive upside is very high.

Brassard has played 2 dozen games in a Rangers uniform. Going to need to see a lot more and see it consistently before jumping on that train.

10 goals from a guy who hasn't breached 2 in an NHL season is pretty optimistic. Lot of "if" conditions (being on the PP at all; AV's super-ultra-high-octane offensive system that will obviously fit perfectly to all the Rangers) to be satisfied in addition to Moore actually capitalizing/getting lucky bounces.

Last edited:

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Girardi has the hardest shot.... he is far from accurate with his shot... I think even hitting the boards with the puck is a problem for him sometimes :sarcasm:

Honestly though, it's always looked like Girardi's MO is those wide shots in hopes of someone in front of the net getting the rebound/garbage goal. Relatively sure he's been told to shoot the way he does; when he actually does get shots on goal, they're pretty quality shots.

The real joke is the Rangers having someone in front of the net. The secondary joke is having someone scrappy enough to battle for a loose puck.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Honestly though, it's always looked like Girardi's MO is those wide shots in hopes of someone in front of the net getting the rebound/garbage goal. Relatively sure he's been told to shoot the way he does; when he actually does get shots on goal, they're pretty quality shots.

The real joke is the Rangers having someone in front of the net. The secondary joke is having someone scrappy enough to battle for a loose puck.

well with Torts, the MO was go behind the net...

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Moore reminds me of a more aggressive and a more defensively sound Tom Poti.

I don't really see that. Poti had a lanky build, and was master of the poke check. He played a different sort of game to me. He didn't seem to have any physical edge to his game either.

John Moore reminds me a lot more of Ryan McDonagh. He has the same slick skating, a similar build, he can be physical but you don't really look at him as an overly physical crease clearer. He can make some plays offensively, but he's never going to be Erik Karlsson or Brian Leetch. I'm not saying that he'll be as good as McDonagh, but I think he'll develop into a similar player style wise. I'd say he becomes a 2nd pairing 30ish points type of guy.

hpNYR

HF Forecaster
Jun 18, 2006
Northridge, CA
www.twitter.com
I don't really see that. Poti had a lanky build, and was master of the poke check. He played a different sort of game to me. He didn't seem to have any physical edge to his game either.

John Moore reminds me a lot more of Ryan McDonagh. He has the same slick skating, a similar build, he can be physical but you don't really look at him as an overly physical crease clearer. He can make some plays offensively, but he's never going to be Erik Karlsson or Brian Leetch. I'm not saying that he'll be as good as McDonagh, but I think he'll develop into a similar player style wise. I'd say he becomes a 2nd pairing 30ish points type of guy.

Hence why I said Moore as a more aggressive Tom Poti. Very similar skating styles with a very soft touch on the puck.

McD is built like a tank and that's why he has that nick name. The guys lower body is as as solid as they come which contributes to his stellar 2-way game, not so much the case with Moore. McD is fast but his skating is not as soft and smooth as a Moore or Poti, while Moore doesn't have that lower body physique you see with McD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->