Not open for further replies.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Malakian#13 said:
3. Pit ( 6.7%) - Anze Kopitar
4. Stl ( 2.4%) - Jack Johnson

Evilo said:
Pit would probably pick Johnson over Kopitar.

...and organizationally, St. Louis probably needs Kopitar (a scoring forward) more than Johnson at this point.

I like most of the players that St. Louis has picked in these mocks (except the one that had us taking Dustin Kohn :confused: ), but the common thread in all the mocks I've seen is that the Blues are taking a defenseman first.

That, I'm sure, stems from the perception that the Blues haven't got a top-pairing d-man in their system, and that may be accurate... but they also don't have much for scoring forward prospects beyond Soderberg, Alexandrov and Backes, and they do have two excellent young NHL-proven top-pairing defensemen in Jackman and Backman (to say nothing of Pronger, who isn't going anywhere).

The Blues have defensemen who can fill roles behind Backman and Jackman, who should both be around for several years to come. Dennis Wideman needs a little seasoning yet, but he's a second-pairing offensive blueliner. Aaron Mackenzie and Mike Stuart are more physical types, and there are prospects in the pipeline like Zack Fitz Gerald (who needs to be signed), Nikita Nikitin, Andrei Pervyshin (who is small, but undoubtedly skilled), and Roman Polak.

My gut says that the Blues will take the best forward available, whoever that happens to be when their number comes up.

PB

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
1. Van - Crosby
2. CBJ - Johnson
3. Min - Pouliot
4. Cgy - Brule
5. Det - Ryan
6. Chi - Kopitar
7. NYI - Staal
8. Dal – O’Marra
9. Bos - Skille
10. Car - Bourdon
11. Stl - Zagrapan
12. NYR - Bourret
13. Ana - Price
14. LAK - Rask
15. NJD - Parent
16. SJS - Hanzal
17. Mtl - Latendresse
18. Tor - Bergfors
19. Ott - McArdle
20. Wsh - Lee
21. Pit - Setoguchi
22. Phx - Mikkelson
23. Buf - Kindl
24. Phi - Lashoff
25. Col - Cogliano
26. Nsh - Stoa
27. Edm - Jackson
28. Atl - Durand
29. Fla - Korhonen
30. Tam - Pavelec

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
1. Phx - Crosby
2. Min - Johnson
3. Phi - Ryan
4. Edm - Pouliot
5. Tam - Kopitar
6. NYR - Brule
7. Mtl - Staal
8. Atl - Skille
9. Pit - O'Marra
10. Nsh - Price
11. Cgy - Bourret
12. CBJ - Latendresse
13. Car - Zagrapan
14. Chi - Hanzal
15. Buf - Bergfors
16. Stl - Bourdon
17. NJD - Lee
18. Col - Parent
19. Bos - McArdle
20. Dal - Setoguchi
21. Ana - Rask
22. NYI - Mikkelson
23. LAK - Pavelec
24. Tor - Cogliano
25. Ott - Stoa
26. Fla - Lashoff
27. Wsh - Blunden
28. SJS - Bertram
29. Det - Niskanen
30. Van - Jackson

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Using the simulator I simulated (with odds included) 40X who will win the Crosby sweepstakes...

This is the results

1 Devils
2 Blackhawks
3 Bruins
4 Devils
5 Oilers
6 Hurricanes
7 Flames
8 Canucks
9 Lightning
10 Penguins
11 Avalanche
12 Kings
13 Rangers
14 Blue Jackets
15 Oilers
16 Rangers
17 Devils
18 Oilers
19 Panthers
20 Hurricanes
21 Red Wings
22 Avalanche
23 Panthers
24 Sharks
25 Hurricanes
26 Islanders
27 Flames
28 Wild
29 Canucks
30 Kings
31 Kings
32 Panthers
33 Senators
34 Flyers
35 Canucks
36 Predators
37 Sabres
38 Coyotes
39 Predators
40 Blackhawks

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hedberg16 said:
He was injured during the games in Kelowna in the playoffs. Brule does have a chippy side, but he is cleaner than many players in the NHL. Brule will be a second liner in the NHL.

And he was the second pick of your mock draft? I think you dissagree with yourself.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hercules Rockefeller said:
Really? I heard he was more of a skill guy, and a center to boot. Well, he'd be a good pick too, I guess, but I don't like him a whole heck of a lot. I don't like the fact that he couldn't make it to the OHL till this year. Reminds me of Andrew Ladd and Travis Zajac, who I also don't like.

You really really need to look into him. He is a large finess winger that is very smooth on his skates. Imagine Lecavalier on the wing. He has boat loads of talent a much better prospect then Zajac or Ladd. He is the opposite style player of Ladd could use a better worth ethic, isnt the most mature player but the talent is spewing.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Hedberg16 said:
Sorry, I meant to say at worst, Brule will be a second liner.

I agree with you, I watched the kid play all season he is very talented, but doesnt take any BS from anyone no matter how bigger or stronger they are. He'll make the NHL on heart and determination alone...oh ya he scores damn well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->