Mock Top 10 w/your reasons for picks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
The impression I get with this draft is that the top 4 is basically set with Crosby, Brule, Johnson and Ryan and then people are going to be all over the board I think. Even Ryan may not hold the top 4, yet he could end up as high as two I think, and Brule and Johnson could switch. I do not envy scouts at all this year, its all over the place. A lot of talent though. Here's my current top 10.

1. Sidney Crosby - Of Course
2. Gilbert Brule - All he does is play well, I've never seen Johnson though, so I'm going with familiarity.
3. Jack Johnson - Just going off reports, too bad he wasn't selected to WJC.
4. Bobby Ryan - It would be nuts if he caught Perry for the OHL scoring lead, three draft eligible guys leading the three junior leagues in Canada would be crazy. Hopefully he's back soon
5. Benoit Pouliot - He has some superb skills, I kept noticing his brilliant passing in the prospect game.
6. Guillaume Latendresse - I'm a huge fan of his, I've only seen him 2 or 3 times, but wow does he have skill, the size is nice, but yikes his puck handling is awesome.
7. Ryan O'Marra - Brings a great package, not a guy you build a team around, but a brilliant piece of the puzzle.
8. Alex Bourret - Might be little, but he can't be denied, plays a very noticeable game, should bode well for his draft stock.
9. Dan Bertram - Still playing very well down in College, has to be one of the youngest guys in college, has huge potential.
10. Teemu Laakso - I might be the only one, but I was really impressed with his play at WJC.

This leaves off a huge amount of guys who may end up here though, good luck predicting this draft.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leachmeister2000 said:
1.Sidney Crosby...Amazing Talent at such an early age, afraid he might have topped a bit early but it doesn't seem like it as of today...Fast and strong with the most incredible vision of any junior player of the last 10 years

2.Gilbert Brule...Fast, feisty player...Could eventually wind-up being a franchise player for any team, most likely a first-line player...slight in build but still pretty damn strong

3.Bobby Ryan...I've been extremely impressed with his game...soft hands, big player...Can work very effectively down low...needs work on his skating and defensive game but what an awesom prospect

4.Marek Zagrapan...smooth silky player with lots of flash and grit for a player of his skillset...all-star potential

5.Jack Johnson...Hard hitting d-man with some great offensive upside, he plays a physical game and can dominate in certain instances...His exclusion in the American WJC squad speaks more about the incompetence of the coaches than of his talent.

6.Alex Bourret...Size is not an issue when you're this strong and powerful...fast, agile, crafty and possessing some of the most wicked offensive arsenal in the Q, he's definitely something special in the making.
3 of the top 6 picks 5-10 in height .....

I guess you are expecting a different NHL in the future ...

Well I guess that bodes well for Kyle Wellwood ... looks like everyone want little skilled players now ...

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
The Messenger said:

Well I guess that bodes well for Kyle Wellwood ... looks like everyone want little skilled players now ...

Heres an idea, try evaulating players for their own merits. Bourret, Brule and Crosby are all extremely strong for their age and play varying degrees of physical games.

And whats with that avatar? Its an abhorrent mix of cliche and creepiness.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Captain Conservative said:
Heres an idea, try evaulating players for their own merits. Bourret, Brule and Crosby are all extremely strong for their age and play varying degrees of physical games. .
That doesn't have anything to do with anything ..

I bet that you will have to back many years in the entry draft to find 3 of the top 6 players being that size ...

CSB is dropping Brule and Burret lower likely because of size and the NHL will always have that Stereotype hurdle ..

Nothing against any personally

Now we just have to get Wacey Rabbit , Dan Ryder, into the 1st round

Last edited:

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The Messenger said:

Right... The difference is that these 3 guys are great skaters!

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Fozz said:
Right... The difference is that these 3 guys are great skaters!

And that Bourret for one is built "like a fire hydrant" as Loubardias put it. Raffi Torres is a small guy that went top 5 in his draft year, becuase he can skate and loves the physical play.

This is though a small draft. There are a lot of small guys: Crosby, Brule, Bourret, Setoguchi, McArdle, Rabbit, Bergfors, Bertram, Ryder.

What seperates a lot of these players is that they are physical players that have great speed, which neutralizes their lack of height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad