Mock Expansion Draft: Golden Knights Select Best Players Available

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
My VGK team post-trade deadline next April, without getting too much into hypotheticals about which prospects can be snagged:

radulov shipachyov oshie
duclair karlsson marchessault
pitlick shore versteeg
bellemare lindberg boll

tvr dumba
theodore kulikov
dillon mcquaid

mrazek
pickard

2017-2019 drafts:
8 1st round draft picks
11 2nd round draft picks
8 3rd round draft picks

prospects:
gaunce
duke
hyka
(obviously a boatload of 2017 draft picks as well)

OK Oshie and Radulov probably won't sign...

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
They have the opportunity to negotiate with Radulov now. If he signs then he's Montreal's pick.

i know...it doesn't make sense to do that. just pick another player from montreal and sign radulov on july 1st

unless you don't like anyone from montreal's roster.....which is certainly possible

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
My VGK team post-trade deadline next April, without getting too much into hypotheticals about which prospects can be snagged:

radulov shipachyov oshie
duclair karlsson marchessault
pitlick shore versteeg
bellemare lindberg boll

tvr dumba
theodore kulikov
dillon mcquaid

mrazek
pickard

2017-2019 drafts:
8 1st round draft picks
11 2nd round draft picks
8 3rd round draft picks

prospects:
gaunce
duke
hyka
(obviously a boatload of 2017 draft picks as well)

OK Oshie and Radulov probably won't sign...

Please, please, please take McQuaid. He's terrible.

More seriously - if McPhee takes McQuaid, he'll be doing the Bruins a big favor. He's no longer the 'bad hombre' Pierre McGuire still thinks he is. He misses substantial time every year with injuries, doesn't play an exceedingly hard game any longer, isn't good in transition.... he might fight here and there, but you can find other, better skilled guys to do that.

He's a fungible bottom pair guy on a bad team.

Colin Miller is your guy from the Bruins. Young, somewhat skilled, decent in transition. When he's on his game, he makes smart passes out of the zone to start the rush. He really blossomed last year, and was, at times, the Bruins' #3 D-man. He hit something of a rookie wall towards the end of the year, but overall was a nice addition to the blue line. Even better, he has the potential to become a better player. McQuaid has no such potential, and has been trending downward between age and injuries.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
FORWARD
Neal || Shipachev || Anderson
Perron || Strome || Grabner
Boedker || Marchessault || Brown
Raffl || Eakin || Versteeg

Hudon || Burmistrov || Bennett
Rychell || Khaira

DEF
Methot || Vatanen
Enstrom || Dumba
Sbisa || Bogosian

Schmidt || Van Riemsdyk
Dahlbeck || Dotchin
Miller

KEEPER
1. Fleury
2. Mrazek
3. Pickard

76 millions cap hit.

i think maybe 3 or 4 players will be trade for to be under the cap hit.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
i know...it doesn't make sense to do that. just pick another player from montreal and sign radulov on july 1st

unless you don't like anyone from montreal's roster.....which is certainly possible

Yeah there's nobody worth losing any sleep over on Montreal's exposed players. If they can't sign Radulov they might as well take Plekanec and flip him for a good price at the deadline.

If Radulov says no tomorrow then I doubt he'd be more receptive on July 1st.

Please, please, please take McQuaid. He's terrible.

More seriously - if McPhee takes McQuaid, he'll be doing the Bruins a big favor. He's no longer the 'bad hombre' Pierre McGuire still thinks he is. He misses substantial time every year with injuries, doesn't play an exceedingly hard game any longer, isn't good in transition.... he might fight here and there, but you can find other, better skilled guys to do that.

He's a fungible bottom pair guy on a bad team.

Colin Miller is your guy from the Bruins. Young, somewhat skilled, decent in transition. When he's on his game, he makes smart passes out of the zone to start the rush. He really blossomed last year, and was, at times, the Bruins' #3 D-man. He hit something of a rookie wall towards the end of the year, but overall was a nice addition to the blue line. Even better, he has the potential to become a better player. McQuaid has no such potential, and has been trending downward between age and injuries.

See I was thinking that but Miller would just end up getting flipped anyway due to the top 4 d available. McQuaid is more or less a placeholder but they need some muscle to protect the newly built team.

edit: I would take DLR or Hudon but not with the expansion pick. At most either one is worth a 4th round pick.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad