Mock Expansion Draft: Golden Knights Select Best Contracts Available

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Interested in feedback on this mock, in comparison to the mock from yesterday. Do you like this team more or less? Does this team seem more realistic or still farfetched? Still too good and too expensive for what we should be expecting on Wednesday? Hopefully all these mocks aren't getting the hopes up for VGK fans, only to be disappointed when none of these "bigger" names are announced as roster selections on Wednesday or when none of them are in the opening-night lineup in October. I hope Foley and McPhee try to ice a competitive team as opposed to a sure-fire draft lottery team, but time will tell.

Last edited:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I really like it. You've got some talent, some name recognition, and they might actually get some points.

I didn't see it in the article (I admit I was scanning the second half) what's the total cap hit on this roster?

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
TOTAL: 30 players at approximately $66.24 million or 31 at $70.74 million counting Shipachyov. That leaves $4.26 million for one of Dadonov/Kovalchuk/Vanek to play left wing on the top line. Vegas would be a cap team in its inaugural season if this mock came to fruition but should be competitive and arguably closer to a playoff berth than the bottom of the draft lottery.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
TOTAL: 30 players at approximately $66.24 million or 31 at $70.74 million counting Shipachyov. That leaves $4.26 million for one of Dadonov/Kovalchuk/Vanek to play left wing on the top line. Vegas would be a cap team in its inaugural season if this mock came to fruition but should be competitive and arguably closer to a playoff berth than the bottom of the draft lottery.

How many of the 30 can clear waivers?

I'm guessing that's going to be the wildcard, thanks to Sabresfan65.

ETA: I guess this isn't really the right mock to ask the question on. :)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I like this one a fair bit. Obviously trades are gonna be what they're gonna be but I think this is a good blend of being competitive out of the gate and thinking of the future.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012

The cap is counted for 23 players not 32.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I didn't read it, only checked the chosen goalies.
How is Fleury at 5.75M a good contract especially with his NTC.
CAR would laugh about us drafting Lack at 2.75M.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Random question, but is your username referencing Skyrim? You'd immediately win a million cool points if so.

I don't get the cool points.

nunst046.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad