Mock Draft

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
LA has apparently shown a lot of interest in Turris, so they likely won't pass on him.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Assuming no trades and current standings:

1.(PHI) Voracek
2.(PHX) Kane
3.(LA) Alzner
4.(WAS) Cherapanov
5.(CHI) Turris
6.(EDM) Van Riemsdyk
7.(CBS) Ellerby
8.(BOS) Couture
9.(STL) Esposito
10.(FLA) Plante
11.(CAR) Gagner
12.(MTL) Petrecki
13.(TOR) Mayorov
14.(EDM) Katic
15.(ANA) Hickey
16.(NYR) Sweatt
17.(COL) Blum
18.(CAL) Sutter
19.(STL) O'Brein
20.(MIN) Andersson
21.(PIT) Ruth
22.(OTT) :eek::eek::eek::eek:i
23.(VAN) Tyrell
24.(STL) Hoeffel
25.(PHX) Hamill
26.(MTL) Shattenkirk
27.(EDM) Sexsmith
28.(PHI) Cann
29.(FLA) Smith
30.(WAS) Korostin

3 goalies in the first round??? i find that hard to believe. sexsmith and smith will have to shine in the playoffs and cann will have to do the same thing in the U-18.

mlm

Mar 31, 2010
Edmonton will take a goalie with their third pick (need) thus causing philadelphia to grab next best golie of their choice becauase of need and also they have a pick coming up quickly in the second round and are suspicious of Florida needing/taking second best choice of goalie :0

mlm

Mar 31, 2010
If Carolina takes Petrecki which could easily happen Montreal would grab Gagner
as he is BPA or If they take a defenseman first Mtl selects either :eek::eek::eek::eek:i , Moller, or Aliu

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Dont you know there is a new system for the order of the draft? bottom 14 have a lottery, then the 8 first round losers from the playoffs are next, with the least points first, most last. the 4 teams that lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs are next, least points first, most points last. The 2 teams that lose in the conference finals are next, least points first, most points last. The loser in the finals is 29th, and the Cup Champion is last.

So the order for playoff teams isnt near being decided yet.
No. It goes like this:

1-14: The non-playoff teams modified by lottery if needed.
15-26: The teams losing in the first two rounds of the playoffs, in reverse order of standings. The exception is that any division leaders will get the bottom picks.
27-28: The conference finalists that lose out, ranked on points.
29: Loser of final
30: Cup winner

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
No. It goes like this:

1-14: The non-playoff teams modified by lottery if needed.
15-26: The teams losing in the first two rounds of the playoffs, in reverse order of standings. The exception is that any division leaders will get the bottom picks.
27-28: The conference finalists that lose out, ranked on points.
29: Loser of final
30: Cup winner

Thats pretty much what i said, or atleast meant, except for the 15-26 being in reverse order of the standings, Is it really like that? why would it be REVERSE order of standings?

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
Edmonton will take a goalie with their third pick (need) thus causing philadelphia to grab next best golie of their choice becauase of need and also they have a pick coming up quickly in the second round and are suspicious of Florida needing/taking second best choice of goalie :0

Philly traded their 2nd rounder for Biron, but I do agree that they may look to goalie with their second 1st round pick.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

i wouldnt take a goalie in the first round just to fill a hole in the dept chart in this draft. the only one who is a borderline first rounder is jeremy smith. none of theme would have been close to the first round in last years draft. i can see one goalie taken in the first round. not three.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Thats pretty much what i said, or atleast meant, except for the 15-26 being in reverse order of the standings, Is it really like that? why would it be REVERSE order of standings?
It just means what you said - fewest points first, most points last.

There's just no difference between losing out in the first round or the second.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If we picked Esposito, I'd be sour about it.. but since we have another first round pick.. I'd be expecting a good defencemen.. Blum, Shattenkirk or McDonagh.. Or somehow we steal Mayorov.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Esposito, O'Brien & Hoeffel to STL ????

Those are some awfully risky picks.....I'd be shocked if the Blues took 1 of those guys....let alone all 3.

Sutter - Andersson - Moller/Backstrom wouldn't surprise me though.

heygarebear

Blues
Feb 28, 2002
STL - Nashville
Esposito, O'Brien & Hoeffel to STL ????

Those are some awfully risky picks.....I'd be shocked if the Blues took 1 of those guys....let alone all 3.

Sutter - Andersson - Moller/Backstrom wouldn't surprise me though.

I'm hoping we get Gagner at 9, Sutter would be nice too.. doubtful he'd drop to the Blues 2nd 1st rounder?

mlm

Mar 31, 2010
Blues can shoot for the fences on a couple picks but I can see Andersson in the mix too

alex wallace

Oct 14, 2006
goalies

Assuming no trades and current standings:

1.(PHI) Voracek
2.(PHX) Kane
3.(LA) Alzner
4.(WAS) Cherapanov
5.(CHI) Turris
6.(EDM) Van Riemsdyk
7.(CBS) Ellerby
8.(BOS) Couture