Mock draft tonight (COME REGISTER)

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
theres no number 1 d-man in the system though.. .grebeshkov, smid? gilbert? syvret? all are fine and dandy but you need to find one that isnt a 4-5 dman... alzner would stay with the oilers for a long time being a western boy and would be a no. 1 d-man.... they have enough forward prospects if anything, an unreal crop if i do say so myself.. and no im a flames fan

they also have chorney and petry as well.. but yeah they dont have any dmen that are projected to be anything more then #2 dmen.. but im not sure if alzner can be a #1. Voracek can definitly be a first line winger.. besides klowe sounds like he likes the guy.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
everyone is wrong.. theres no HUGE risk here.. do you honestly think the espositos would let angelo tarnish their name? he will get his ass in gear and be the steal of this draft... a huge risk is akim aliu

shhh no one needs to know that :sarcasm:;)
I really like this kid and I think he gets a bad rep that isnt deserved.

baboinfou

Mar 31, 2006
theres no number 1 d-man in the system though.. .grebeshkov, smid? gilbert? syvret? all are fine and dandy but you need to find one that isnt a 4-5 dman... alzner would stay with the oilers for a long time being a western boy and would be a no. 1 d-man.... they have enough forward prospects if anything, an unreal crop if i do say so myself.. and no im a flames fan

Alzner won't be a #1 d-man IMO.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
well if he is the best in this draft then there wont be any #1 d-men coming out of this draft? i find that a little hard to believe.. if anyone is #1 out of this year its him

He will be a #2 for sure but will be a safe solid pick with not as much upside as a guy like petrecki. Hell I would still pick a guy like him. You win championships with dmen like alzner.

baboinfou

Mar 31, 2006
well if he is the best in this draft then there wont be any #1 d-men coming out of this draft? i find that a little hard to believe.. if anyone is #1 out of this year its him

He is the most NHL ready but he doesn't have the best upside.

hoppy

EK65
Jun 11, 2006
St. John's

Why is that hard to believe?
It's not like there's always a #1 of each position guaranteed in each draft.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
With the 9th pick in the 2007 Draft ST Louis are proud to select from the Ottawa 67's ...Logan Couture

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
i wouldnt say petricki has very much offensive upside at all... he could be robyn regehr lite maybe... highest upside could go to a guy like ellerby, mcdonagh or even tommy cross

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
With the 9th pick in the 2007 Draft ST Louis are proud to select from the Ottawa 67's ...Logan Couture

I really like this pick. the blues are deep on the blueline and need some offensive help.. it might be a while but they could use a guy with leadership.

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
I really like this pick. the blues are deep on the blueline and need some offensive help.. it might be a while but they could use a guy with leadership.

i honeslty might disagree with every thought you have ahahah wow.. i like couture, but st louis isnt as deep as you think prospect wise on the blueline and if they had the chance they would be smart to take ellerby

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
i wouldnt say petricki has very much offensive upside at all... he could be robyn regehr lite maybe... highest upside could go to a guy like ellerby, mcdonagh or even tommy cross

Petrecki has all the tools. Its geting him to understand the game on a higher level and doing everything consistently that will determine if he is nothing more then an average dmen or scott stevens-esque.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
Well I was actually thinking of going off the board with Mcdonaugh but then I decided on Couture....not impressed with ellerby at all

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
i honeslty might disagree with every thought you have ahahah wow.. i like couture, but st louis isnt as deep as you think prospect wise on the blueline and if they had the chance they would be smart to take ellerby

haha man we are totally thinking the exact opposite. Im just not a big ellerby fan.. potential is there but I dont think he will ever reach it. Couture will likely fall more then this but following him for a while he seems like a complete package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad