NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: First Overall Pick

Who Should the Rangers Select 1st Overall?

• Alexis Lafreniere

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Alexis Lafreniere

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Alexis Lafreniere

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Alexis Lafreniere

• Alexis Lafreniere

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Alexis Lafreniere

• Alexis Lafreniere

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Alexis Lafreniere

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Alexis Lafreniere

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Alexis Lafreniere

• Okay Edge, we get it. Now shut up.

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
The premise of the question, and the answers, are kind of amusing I guess in the sense that It's been a while since it's been this clear cut.

Maybe Dahlin was a consensus over Svechnikov but I'm not sure. Matthews over Laine was pretty close to consensus I guess.

Dahlin was 100% the consensus choice over Svechnikov

Reactions: Kupo

Mar 20, 2010
Are there any players from the past 4 drafts (after the McDavid draft) that you'd trade this pick for right now? Just wondering what the perceived potential ceiling of Lafreniere is.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Are there any players from the past 4 drafts (after the McDavid draft) that you'd trade this pick for right now? Just wondering what the perceived potential ceiling of Lafreniere is.
For me, entering the draft, he's just as good as Matthews was. He's on that next level under the McDavid/Crosby of the worlds.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Not on the level of McDavid. At least on the level of Matthews.

I'd argue his mentality and approach is closer to MacKinnon than anyone else in recent drafts. I mean that in the sense that his personality seems a little sharper and seems to almost be offended if he isn't the best player on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad