NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: 18th Overall

Who Should the New Jersey Devils Select 18th Overall?

• J.J. Peterka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brendan Brisson

• Ridly Greig

• Tyson Foerster

• Jake Neighbors

• Marat Khusnutdinov

• Thomas Bordeleau

• Justin Barron

• Other (please specify in the comments section)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
... Really once Jarvis, Mercer and maybe Guhle are off the board I'm not moving Georgiev for anybody that's left. I'm waiting to see who's there at 22 figuring I'm going to get someone I like a lot anyway. If someone is willing to move a late 1st or early 2nd for Alex then I'd consider it. If I were to guess though Holloway's solidly in that 15-20 range. Someone around there is going to take him.

There could be a market for Georgiev once Canes pick Askarov and before the Rangers will "naturally" get their pick at #22. Otherwise I think the Bulgarian is more valuable to the Rangers than a 2nd round pick.

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There could be a market for Georgiev once Canes pick Askarov and before the Rangers will "naturally" get their pick at #22. Otherwise I think the Bulgarian is more valuable to the Rangers than a 2nd round pick.

I actually tend to agree on the 2nd--it's one of the reasons I put 'consider' in.

There are certain players that if they're still there in the later teens that I think it might be worthwhile to make that move up. Jarvis for instance or maybe Mercer or Guhle but moving up for a guy who has a real chance of dropping to you anyway when there are other players you value as much or almost would be ridiculous. Trading Georgiev and the 22nd (let's say Greig) for Holloway is not a good idea IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad