NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: 16th Overall Pick

Who Should The Montreal Canadiens Select 16th Overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Interesting pick by the board. I feel strongly that the Canadiens wouldn't take such a huge risk with only one 1st round pick and given where they are as an org, but by the same token, it's exactly the kind of move that throws a draft off and kind of representative of the whole reason we're going through the exercise. Fun!

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
I actually think that Montreal might be more hesitant than others to take Lapierre. They, more than anyone else, will get a lot more blow back if they take this kid and he gets injured again.

On the flip side, they will also get that same blow back if they pass on him and he becomes a star.

Ultimately, after going forward with their last 3 1st rounders I think they go with Guhle to even things out a bit.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I actually think that Montreal might be more hesitant than others to take Lapierre. They, more than anyone else, will get a lot more blow back if they take this kid and he gets injured again.

On the flip side, they will also get that same blow back if they pass on him and he becomes a star.

Ultimately, after going forward with their last 3 1st rounders I think they go with Guhle to even things out a bit.

It's funny, because I viewed this pick as a potential debate between Mercer, Lapierre and Bourque. It just feels unlike the Canadiens to not consider three regional prospects with high talent levels.

But in a similar feeling to how I view Florida, I think Guhle is a legit candidate here. The question is does Montreal have the balls to do it?

In a good year, there is a lot of pressure up there to take a Quebecois/regional league prospect who is in their range. The fact that this year's draft could have 2-4 of them is not a point to be overlooked. That pressure is going to be significant.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Actually. Montreal has drafted their share of US kids in the 1st round over the years.

The pressure is always there, but they are branching a lot more in recent years.

In fact, in the last 6 drafts, The Habs have only drafted four kids out of the Q, and none higher than the fifth round.

Of course one could argue they haven't exactly been rewarded yet for taking that approach.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
It's funny, because I viewed this pick as a potential debate between Mercer, Lapierre and Bourque. It just feels unlike the Canadiens to not consider three regional prospects with high talent levels.

But in a similar feeling to how I view Florida, I think Guhle is a legit candidate here. The question is does Montreal have the balls to do it?

In a good year, there is a lot of pressure up there to take a Quebecois/regional league prospect who is in their range. The fact that this year's draft could have 2-4 of them is not a point to be overlooked. That pressure is going to be significant.

And funny enough, my pick for Florida was Lapierre haha.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad