NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: 12th Overall Pick

Who Should the Florida Panthers Select 12th Overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Even though they have Bob in net (he usually has alternating one good year one bad year), they should pick Askarov. Bob will help him transition and if they don't suit him up, he'll be an excellent trade chip.
I picked Quinn though. I think Florida will take the more short-sited (but not bad) pick here.
Carolina twiddling they thumbs for Askarov

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
This part of the draft is just so interesting to me because it really impacts the landscape of the entire first round.

A trade or two changes things dramatically. A riser or two has the same impact. You start looking at some interesting names that can go anywhere from 12 to 22 and you can make a solid case for either outcome.

It's why I've never had a particular desire to do a freestyle mock draft on my own. There are so many variables that can produce a completely different result.

Well one thing that strikes me if Guhle and Schneider are both gone by 15 my guess is at least one other defenseman is going to sneak in before 22. It's a long way between 15 and 22 anyway. My guess would be Wallinder but it could be Grans--it could be O'Rourke but someone else is going to drop down. It's a forward happy top end of the draft but once Quinn, Mercer and Jarvis are off the board--things start to even out.

Basically I have a group of 15 (maybe the Rangers have an expanded number though) and once they're gone I would not move up. I'd talk to Chicago beforehand about the 22 and Georgiev but if you don't have a target player at that spot there's no point pulling the trigger on a deal like that. If things are more or less even between Holloway, Amirov, Greig, Khusnutdinov, Reichel etc. and one of them is falling your way anyway save the ammo. I don't like trades for the sake of trades. You need a real reason.

As far as trading down the four teams I'd consider that prospect with our Anaheim, Ottawa, San Jose and Detroit. My guess is that San Jose wouldn't---they are more in a quantity over quality situation IMO. Anaheim with the 27 and 36, Ottawa with the 28 and 33 and Detroit would have to give 3 2nd's--the 32, 45 and 56.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Even though they have Bob in net (he usually has alternating one good year one bad year), they should pick Askarov. Bob will help him transition and if they don't suit him up, he'll be an excellent trade chip.
I picked Quinn though. I think Florida will take the more short-sited (but not bad) pick here.
Carolina twiddling they thumbs for Askarov
Florida did take Knight in just about the same spot last year

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
And with Askarov off the board, Chicago trades back to 22 to acquire Georgiev. Rangers pass on Mercer/Lapierre at 17 to take Grieg and everyone loses their minds. ;)

If anyone is stupid enough to take Georgiev like that, they ain't the brightest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad