NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: 11th Overall Pick

Who Should the Nashville Predators Select 11th Overall?

• Kaiden Guhle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noel Gunler

• Rodian Amirov

• Dylan Holloway

• Jacob Perrault

• Other (please specify in the comments section)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I wouldn't completely hate it. you can never have too many d prospects and if one of the big dmen are still on the board that means forwards are gone...it depends on how else is there but at 22 Guhle could be the best player left.

It would kind of be like drafting K'Andre Miller all over again---a big aggressive left side defenseman who skates well and has very good skills--just needs to develop more. I like mind you our smaller puck moving offensive defensemen but too much of the same thing is like making a meal out of spice---there's not enough substance. I like the idea of matching the smaller puck moving RD's with larger, nastier LD's and if those LD's are skilled players as well that's even better. I also like building a team from the defense out. Our weakest points going forward positionally are center and a lot of our LD have to develop still. Other than that it's getting depth players particularly on our bottom lines who can do the more unappreciated work that is necessary to have a successful team. I would not mind at all us picking up another goalie with one of our 3rd rounders or the 4th rounder--at least if we're talking about Blomqvist, Daws or Clang. If Georgiev's moving and Henrik's retiring we're going to need more insurance at that position.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Just a reminder that Rinne is turning 38 this fall, and I don't think Ingram or Saros are the eggs in one basket type of goalie options.

And their goalie prospects from the last few years have all been late picks who are playing in the USHL, the Czech republic, and Hockey East.

Needless to say, goaltending is definitely on the radar for the Predators.
This is when Georgiev and Farrance should enter the chat.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
They could. In Nashville's case you could potentially be looking at 37 or 42. So they have some assets in the price range they can work with.

I was just throwing it out there as a move I'd love to see go down. Georgiev for Farrance and either 37 or 42. Yes, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad