NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: 10th Overall Pick

Who Should the Winnipeg Jets Select 10th Overall?

• Dawson Mercer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yaroslav Askarov

• Connor Zary

• Kaiden Guhle

• Noel Gunler

• Rodian Amirov

• Dylan Holloway

• Hendrix Lapierre

• Jacob Perrault

• Other (please specify in the comments section)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
With the 9th pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Minnesota Wild select Anton Lundell with HIFK of the Liiga.

The draft thus far:

1. The New York Rangers select Alexis Lafreniere, LW, Rimouski

2. The LA Kings select Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury

3. The Ottawa Senators select Tim Stutzle, LW, Adler Manheim

4. The Detroit Red Wings select Cole Perfetti, LW, Saginaw

5. The Ottawa Senators select Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie

6. The Anaheim Ducks select Lucas Raymond, RW, Frölunda

7. The New Jersey Devils select Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgårdens

8. The Buffalo Sabres select Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa

9. The Minnesota Wild select Anton Lundell, C, HIFK

The Winnipeg Jets are on the clock...

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I can tell you from my sources that Seth Jarvis and Braden Schneider will get serious consideration at that spot.

However, I cannot see the Jets passing on Sanderson with this pick. The kid has a legit chance to be the best defenseman from this draft and his game projects very well to the modern NHL style.

I don't know if this starts a run on defensemen, but I think this is the part of the draft where some of the non-forward prospects start to come off the board.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
just to note, even with no team going 'off the board' so far which normally happened. we've now hit the point were at least 1 guy listed on the poll will be available at 22

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Sanderson although in real life I don’t think he’ll be at 10. I think this will be one of the forwards, maybe Raymond or Holtz
If it actually played out like this, I think they might take Schneider (or trade back to take him) since LD is the last thing they need (while RD is about the first), but I agree – far more likely Sanderson goes earlier and they take the remaining top forward here, whoever he may be.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If it actually played out like this, I think they might take Schneider (or trade back to take him) since LD is the last thing they need (while RD is about the first), but I agree – far more likely Sanderson goes earlier and they take the remaining top forward here, whoever he may be.

If Detroit doesn't grab Perfetti at 4 I think he could drop all the way to 12/13. I think Raymond or Rossi could drop as far as 10 and Lundell possibly to 12/13 too. There are a lot of potentialities. I think New Jersey goes for a goal scorer and that most likely will be Holtz. I think there's also some chance that Buffalo takes Jack Quinn with the next pick pretty much looking for the same thing but my bet would be on best forward which won't quite be him.

If Sanderson somehow managed to drop into the teens I think he would be a target for us to try to move up to get. He has a potential to possibly be a Niedermayer level player on the left side. I think his floor is kind of in the McDonagh range. We'd have a killer defense coming if we could add someone like him.

It's more interesting to talk about the draft right now than Henrik Lundqvist by the way. I think I'm done with that for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad