Mock draft of players from 1983 to 2003, version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
OK, I was just as dissapointed as the rest of you when our original draft was halted due to computer problems. I was enjoying the draft, so I have decided to re-start a new draft, using basically the same rules as the last one. Here is how this will work:

- we will have 15 teams competing, instead of 11
- You are allowed to select the following roster: 13 F, 7 D and 3 Goaltenders
- You will select one player from each draft year, starting with the 1983 draft, and moving forward through the 2003 draft.
- When the draft is over, each of the teams will be compared, and we will crown a winner of the draft.
- Scoring for F and D: Career stats are used here, not just one season.
Goals, Assists, Points, Plus Minus, Penalty Minutes (in reverse order), and Special team goals (pp+sh, if I can find them).

Goaltenders Stats:

Wins, GAA, SV Ptg, SO.

There is a catch to this draft, though:

You cant draft 2 free agents at the same position: ie you cant draft 2 goalies as Free agents, which goes against what I did in the last draft.

The draft will be completed over 23 rounds, and there will be a 12 hour time limit for each pick. Should you fail to make your selection within 12 hours, you will not be able to make up that pick until the next player has selected. The timer WILL Start right after the pick has been listed on the site.

To enter the draft is easy, it is like the last one:

drop a line in this site, listing your team name.. The name can not be a name previously used in either the NHL, AHL, IHL, CHL, ECHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL....you get the idea, please be creative.

After i have all 15 teams, I will conduct a lottery to determine who will get the first overall pick. We will draft from 1-15 in the first round, and then the names will be switched as follows:

1 - 15 - 2 - 14 - 3 - 13 - 4 - 12 - 5 - 11 - 6 - 10 - 7 - 9 - 8

This means, if you draft first overall in the first round, you draft last in the second, 2nd in the third round, etc.

So good luck, and we will see you soon. The draft will begin once all 15 teams are filled:

Teams Filled:

1. Hamilton Steelheads - Dwaynester (1983-2003, 2 FA)

MrMackey

Aug 7, 2003
cgy
Visit site
dwaynester... I was thinking the same thing, but why don't we just continue with ES' draft and start a new thread (sort of like what Pensfan95 did with bandwagon's draft)?

I was thinking of getting it going again too, but I really hate wasting all that time I spent on the first one.

I'll let you make the final choice, and if you decide to start again, I'll re-submit my team as the Edmonton Oil Kings.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
let me know what you think

if you want to just continue the other draft, we can...but we need one new owner...anyone interested in taking over the one team.

will make a post in the morning outlining the drafting to date, and where we might go from there.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Once ES is done, I would like to do it again

I am enjoying this draft so much, I want to try it again.

See the proposed rules on post # 1, and let me know if anyone is interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad