Mock Draft: Drafting Thread

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
The Pittsburgh Penguins organization is pleased to announce the selection of goaltender Ryan Miller from East Lansing, MI with our first round selection in the 2006 NHL Mock Draft.

:pens G Ryan Miller ($2,667,000)

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
By my calculations Detroits time has expired so i will go ahead and select Patrick Elias.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Well well well. I could make you guys wait 36 hours with my 2 picks :biglaugh:

I'll pick in a few minutes as soon as I decide whether I want a youngish team or a win now team.

edit: I gotta go with Lehtonen no matter what. 1,850,000.

Other pick will come in a bit.

Lets get S. Neidermayer 6,750,000. Lotta money but well worth it.

Last edited:

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
As punishment I will wait until my 2nd round pick to make two selections if that is okay with you all. I completely forgot because of how long it took to get to me...

hockeymetrics

Jul 19, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I wouldn't call it terrible as I still think Malkin should put up 35G and 50A points if plays 70 games, but I could see how you would feel that way. Malkin's Russian League Stats were better than Ovechkin's. And we know the skill level of each is pretty even, so I really put Malkin's potential SKY high.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I wouldn't call it terrible as I still think Malkin should put up 35G and 50A points if plays 70 games, but I could see how you would feel that way. Malkin's Russian League Stats were better than Ovechkin's. And we know the skill level of each is pretty even, so I really put Malkin's potential SKY high.

Like Crosby and Ovechkin helped their team win the cup. A bad pick is a bad pick.

Transplanted Caper

2x ATD Co-Champion
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
reminder: The Clock Is Now At 12 Hours For The Draft. Please Remember To Send A Pm To The Person After You. If You See Your Name Coming Up And Are Unsure Whether Or Not You Will Be Available To Pick Feel Free To Send Me A List Of Names And I Can Make The Pick For You. The Red Wings Are On The Clock Until 7pm Edt. If They Fail To Pick The Canadiens Can Go Ahead And Make A Selection

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Like Crosby and Ovechkin helped their team win the cup. A bad pick is a bad pick.

And I would suppose that you consider Datsyuk to be a real winner. Shows how much you know about whether someone's a winner or not.

Malkin is an amazing player for the money that he makes. Don't forget that there is a salary cap here and while I COULD spend 6 or 7 million on a player that will get 10-20 more points it doesn't make sense with Malkin out there.

Not that I even need to defend myself here.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->