Mock draft 2019

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
1. New Jersey : Jack Hugues : no doubt. He is the first pick. With Hischier. It will be 2 good centerman.

2. NY Rangers : Kaapo Kaako : The best winger in this draft. Rangers need offense.

3. Chicago : Bowen Byram : Hes gonna be the next Duncan Keith. Chicago have a good depth in RD but no in LD...

4. Colorado : Kirby Dach : They have a first punch line but they are not very deep on forwards. And imo, he is the most talented.

5. Los Angeles : Dylan Cozens : not sure about Vilardi, they have old forward like Carter and Kopitar. A good and big centerman like Cozens. You cant miss it.

6. Detroit : Trevor Zegras : he is maybe one of the best playmaker. They will need it. They already have a shooter in Zadina, a big guy in Rasmussen. Now Zegras. They need dman too but this is my choice cause no dman is better than him.

7. Buffalo : Cole Caufield : they are already set in D. Center too. They need wingers, especially RW. Pominville and Okposo get older. I could see Skinner/Eichel/Caufield soon.

8. Edmonton : Peyton Krebs : a guy from Alberta. A captain. Edmonton needs leadership and winger. Krebs could be that.

9. Anaheim : Alex Turcotte : with Kesler and Getzlaf getting older. They are already set in D. I think Turcotte could be the right choice. Good centerman, two-way.

10. Vancouver : Moritz Seider : They have a good young depth forward but not in defense. Especially right side. Seider already play against men. Shows us good things offensively. Could be a great pick for them.

11. Philadelphia : Vasili Podkolzin : yeah, he will fall. Philadelphia have no problem with a Russian player (Rubstov is coming, Provorov). And they need high skill level.

12. Minnesota : Matthew Boldy : they need wingers. They need offense. I think he could be a great fit in Minnesota.

13. Florida : Philip Broberg : Florida will take it. Yandle getting older. They already have a nice depth forward in Borgstrom, Tippett, Denisenko. They are going with the best D available.

14. Arizona : Arthur Kaliyev : they need a goalscorer. Arizona draft often from OHL, Chychrun/Hayton. They are all set in D. They need pure offense. The best goalscorer maybe.

15. Montreal : Cam York. They are going with the best LD available and it’s him, they need goalscorer too. Timmins loves American players.

16. Colorado : Spencer Knight : the best goalkeeper. They don’t have depth in term of goalie and they already pick Dach. So they protect their future in net.

17. Vegas : Victor Soderstrom : they need RD in depth pool. They lost Brannstrom. They already have a good forward depth. Hague LD and Glass C. They're gonna select the best RD.

18. Dallas : Alex Newhook : they need center. He had a great tournament. Could become their second centerman. They are already set in defense. They need center.

19. Ottawa : Bobby Brink : They need offense especially RW. They need everything but I think Brink could be a good RW in the future for them.

20. NY Rangers : Ryan Suzuki : maybe the best centerman who is not already drafted. He will bring skills.

21. Pittsburgh : Raphael Lavoie : a goalscorer with size. Pittsburgh likes to pick Quebec players. He could be a good forward for them. They don’t have this type of player on wing.

22. Los Angeles : Thomas Harley : He will fall a little bit. I'm not sure about his development but he is young and will need to improve his defense game, but Los Angeles will take it. They need LD on depth.

23. NY Islanders : Phillip Tomasino : they need centerman. Tomasino will explode this year in OHL. They are already packed in defense and wing.

24. Nashville : Samuel Poulin : Another team who like to pick in Quebec. They need size and depth on wing. Poulin is a sure bet.

25. Washington : Pavel Dorofeyev : they will select in Russia. They have no problem at it. Could a be a decent choice. A great winger.

26. Calgary : Simon Holmstron : They need RW. Maybe the best Swedish right now not selected yet. They're already packed in dman and centerman.

27. Tampa : Albin Grewe : A tough winger. Tampa needs grit after this run in playoff. They saw it.

28 : Carolina : Connor McMicheal : they said that they won't select a dman. They need depth in center. McMicheal hes maybe the best choice at this rank.

29. Anaheim : Jakob Pelletier : a winger a la Gallagher. They need goalscorer with energy. They will take it. Madden love to pick in qjmhl

30 : Boston : Ville Heinola : With Chara, he's getting older. They will need depth in LW. They have already a Finnish player in Vaakanainen so they will take another one.

31: Buffalo : Tobias Bjornfot : a dman after taking 2 forward could be a great choice and I like what I saw from him. Big and strong with leadership.

So your thoughts? I did it after I saw many highlight reel from them, I saw each depth pool in terms of prospects.

[MOD]

Last edited:
Reactions: Nut Upstrom and hi

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
That's one long Jack Hughes write-up. Where are picks 2-31 :huh:

I'm not the biggest Turcotte guy, but I don't think there's any way he falls out of the top 5.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Turcotte at 9?
Dach and cosens are just better. Big centerman. Yeah imo zegras is more spectacular and show us his skills. Caufield is a winger and buffalo need it. I think nylander will be a 3rd line winger so they need depth at this position. Edmonton doesnt another c. So they will take krebs. So turcotte at 9th.

Reactions: lilidk

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Dach and cosens are just better. Big centerman. Yeah imo zegras is more spectacular and show us his skills. Caufield is a winger and buffalo need it. I think nylander will be a 3rd line winger so they need depth at this position. Edmonton doesnt another c. So they will take krebs. So turcotte at 9th.
If Cozens turns out to be a better NHLer than Turcotte I will delete my account

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

Edmonton could very easily take another centre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad