42 Wild-Lewis
43 Sabres-Yunkov
44 Oilers-Dubnyk
45 Hawks-Gracik

Feel free to discuss. :yo:

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
:handclap: Woohoo, Thrashers get Schremp

Now if I was the coach I'd put a line of Kovalchuk-Schremp-Heatley :bow: :bow: :amazed:

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
i apoligize, that was harsh, but stafford at 6 would make me very unhappy. Not to worry though, i really can't see the rangers passing up Olesz. Wolski is also, in my opinion, too high.

Pensaholic

Jun 8, 2004
Montreal
Yea those two are my sleeper picks for the top 10. I have a feeling olesz isnt going to go as high as everyone expects him to. Florida is the most likely team to trade out of the top 10, IMO.

Also Rangers should have a good draft, as they have good positioning in the first two rounds. Lets see them try to develop some of their choices to some quality NHL'ers.

Last edited:

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
Chipchura has been dropping quite a bit lately, I don't necessarily agree that he's not a #15 worthy pick. It's just that he's been slipping in most mocks lately.

I wouldn't mind Lisin.

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
This is how it should be..........

Pensaholic said:
14 Oilers-Bolland
15 Preds-chipchura
16 Isles-Radulov
19 Flames-Montoya

25 Oilers-Voloshenko
26 Canucks-Korpikoski
28 Sharks-Graham
30 Bolts-Kaspar
31 Pens-Wheeler

44 Oilers-Dubnyk

if KLo wants all fans off the bandwagon as quickly as possible.

I like Dubnyk at #44, but the other two picks are VERY BAD!!!

Bolland would be acceptable at#25, but IMO there is too much offensive talent on the board to take him at #14.

Voloshenko is a rough-sounding skater and I would value all the guys listed taken after him higher.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
I could see ATL taking Lepisto over Bahensky as well.

And also, another thing I missed out is that Wolski is a bit too high, I'd expect he goes around #11-15, same with Stafford although Anaheim might go for him at 9.

Pensaholic

Jun 8, 2004
Montreal
I agree with Bolland being too high. I'll need to adjust that

I also think if Florida doesnt take wolski at #7 then he will be a higher pick (Under 15th).

Stafford is a hard working college player with a good work ethic and attitude and he has skill, if he develops his scoring touch in his second year he will become a good top 10 pick. Signing Rome helps Anaheim, but still doesnt solve the lack of defenseman they have in their system. I see Anaheim drafting a defenseman.

Voloshenko has been impressive in tourneys and in his seasons in the russian leagues. His flaws are something which can be fixed if he works on them and will get better as he ages. Saying that he shouldnt be in the top 45 is really underrating him. Korpikoski is the guy which I could see jumping spots. But getting Voloshenko higher then the 35th pick will be a really good pick.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Pensaholic said:
hey boondock saint,

Who do you suggest for the #14 spot for your oilers?
Possibly Radulov if he's still on the board. I'd probably take Chipchura and Montoya before him as well from your list of players available after Edmonton's selection..

jt2004

Apr 18, 2004
xander said:
i apoligize, that was harsh, but stafford at 6 would make me very unhappy. Not to worry though, i really can't see the rangers passing up Olesz. Wolski is also, in my opinion, too high.

I've seen both play, Stafford much more than Olesz and honestly I think Stafford will be one of the best players from this draft 5 years from now. I'd be scared of Olesz because of the concussion issues.

All that said I would be thrilled if the Wild get him at 12.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Any logic behind the Senators passing up Boris Valabik for Oscar Hedman? I haven't seen Hedman in the first round in a mock draft in months, and publications like THN barely have him going in the third round...yet the Senators pass up Valabik for him?

Pensaholic

Jun 8, 2004
Montreal
I never had Hedman in my first round, but as opposed to you not seeing him in 1st rounds I have seen him in a few so I figured I was missing out on him. So it is quite possible his stock has dropped. If you think about it, Valabik's stock has risen for sure because of Chara's emergence as a top D-man. Not saying Valabik sucks but his stock could be a bit higher then it really should be.

Whenever you guys disagree with my choices tell me who you think as a hockey fan,not a senators or oilers fan should be taken instead.PEACE. :yo:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Pensaholic said:
I never had Hedman in my first round, but as opposed to you not seeing him in 1st rounds I have seen him in a few so I figured I was missing out on him. So it is quite possible his stock has dropped. If you think about it, Valabik's stock has risen for sure because of Chara's emergence as a top D-man. Not saying Valabik sucks but his stock could be a bit higher then it really should be.

Whenever you guys disagree with my choices tell me who you think as a hockey fan,not a senators or oilers fan should be taken instead.PEACE. :yo:

I've seen Valabik several times. The reason he's rated highly is becuase he's big, mean, physical, powerful, reasonably skilled and agile for a guy his size, and has supreme upside. He's ahead of Chara at this point in his career, and if he drops out of the first 20, you will have teams probably trading up to take him. He's got impressive upside, is developing reasonably well for a guy of his massive size, and quite frankly could be top 10 (and if you read Dr. Sens(e)'s post on Valabik in a thread on him in this board) possibly even top 5 on some team's draft boards. People are carrying different opinions on Valabik though, as there are some who do not like him one bit. Who knows how the Senators feel though.

Hedman on the other hand is hardly ever considered a first rounder, most publications have him well into the second round if not later.

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
good job with ur draft

as a pens fan, i am torn on their 31st pick -- although wheeler would be a great pick up there if he is not gone in the first round, i am wondering if the pens should take someone who is more proven at a higher level. Alexanderov, Kaspar, etc

the guy i would love for the pens to take there would be carl sodenberg -- IMO, i think he could be a real sleeper in the draft (malkin and sodenberg would make the pens real deep down the middle for years to come)

i thought wheeler should have waited out a year and made himself eligible next season to show people what he can do against NCAA level talent -- could he have been a top 20 pick or even a top 15 next season?? who knows

who do you forsee the pens taking with their second 2nd round pick??

Pensaholic

Jun 8, 2004
Montreal
The fact that wheeler hasnt proven much at a competitive level is the biggest knock on him. I suppose your right had he opted out of this draft he would have a hcnace to be drafted at a better position. But he point is he will be drafted this year and its a guarantee so why wait another year. Also there is a chance his stock could drop over the year,he could have strugles like Booth.

Until the pens can start developing their prospects the right way they will always have a big weakness. I excpect Eaves and Welch to be the good picks the pens have made. I also hope to see Whitney succeed with the pens in whenever the next season will be.

But I still stick to my choice with Wheeler or I would look at Alexandrov or even Soderberg would be a good pick, but I like what Wheeler has to offer. If he competes well in NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->