Pre-Game Talk: Moar preseason! Jets at Oil. Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No Petan or Lemieux playing...but Armia and Copp are both in the lineup. Hmmm...is that good or bad for Petan and Lemieux's chances of making the team?

Hard to know.

Maurice mentioned that he feels he has a good feeling for what Petan and Lemieux bring to the team, but still wanted to get to know more about Armia and what he could do. Same for Raffl. Not sure about Copp, other than he needs to fill out the roster, and maybe still getting to know him.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-game-vs-Oilers-300x202.png

Topics: Importance of getting veterans into earlier pre-season games. What would he like to see from the prospect players who are playing back-to-back. Is there any room for him to assess the other team’s prospects? How would he evaluate camp to date? Are the 2nd and 3rd year prospects (Lowry, Scheifele, Trouba) taking leadership roles? How does he know when a young player is ready for more responsibility? On team fitness. Any rhyme or reason why he chose the five players to play tonight who played last night?

To listen click here.

AngelicAssassin*

No Petan or Lemieux playing...but Armia and Copp are both in the lineup. Hmmm...is that good or bad for Petan and Lemieux's chances of making the team?

Might mean that Petan and Lemieux have shown more than Armia and Copp. So Armia and Copp are in for another chance to show what they have.

More likely it means that only 20 players can dress for each game and Maurice wants to see what players do in different combinations.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah this could be a bit of a dog's breakfast tonight. Oh well...HOCKEY!

Let's see what Burmi and Lowry can do... :D

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Oh brother this games lineup is brutal......yikes.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
What's the over/under on the Harry/Nogier pairing for plus/minus? I'm thinking -5?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oiler lineup for tonight:

Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Yakupov - Lander - Draisaitl
Hendricks - Letestu - Klinkhammer
Slepyshev - Yakimov - Christoffer

Klefbom - Schultz
Reinhart - Gryba
Nurse - Oesterle

Talbot
Scrivens

Er...well, we aren't playing our 2nd line or top D pairing, but...yep, other than that, that's going to be our team this year.

Everyone's expecting a beat down, but hey, crazy things happen in preseason.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Oiler lineup for tonight:

Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Yakupov - Lander - Draisaitl
Hendricks - Letestu - Klinkhammer
Slepyshev - Yakimov - Christoffer

Klefbom - Schultz
Reinhart - Gryba
Nurse - Oesterle

Talbot
Scrivens

Er...well, we aren't playing our 2nd line or top D pairing, but...yep, other than that, that's going to be our team this year.

Everyone's expecting a beat down, but hey, crazy things happen in preseason.

Jets are going to get smoked likely. :laugh:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Oilers lineup:
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Lander-Draisaitl-Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-Korpikoski
Slepyshev-Yakimov-Christoffer
Klefbom-Schultz
Reinhart-Gryba
Nurse-Oesterle

Jets:
Ben Chiarot is the best defenseman
Centers: Lowry-Cormier-Copp-Olsen

that won't be pretty.

Wow. Yeah. Definitely throwing the prospects to the wolves here.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Way too much emphasis being put on what the score is going to be. Who cares, really?

With the exception of Burmistrov and Lowry(who it's safe to say will be in the lineup opening night) all other skaters in the lineup are fighting to show Maurice and the coaching staff and Chevy what they've got that makes them a viable part of this organization.

Regardless of how slim the chances of more than a couple of these guys breaking camp with the big club I relish the chance to get a long look at many of these players. We know what the regulars can do and there are still 5 preseason games after this one for them to get tuned up.

For a lot of these guys tonight it might be their one shot at getting a longer look in camp. Bring on those punk *** Oilers and I predict a few guys in the lineup tonight are going to leave us with a good impression of them.

Yup, this is something I will echo. I said it in the other thread - I could care a less what the score is. It will be great to see non-NHL/almost ready NHL players be in the line up in a role that they are used to & playing against higher end talent. I totally welcome this and am looking forward to seeing who adapts to the tempo and tone, and is able to maintain their assignment within the system.

We will probably get clobbered but this is an awesome scouting game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Might mean that Petan and Lemieux have shown more than Armia and Copp. So Armia and Copp are in for another chance to show what they have.

More likely it means that only 20 players can dress for each game and Maurice wants to see what players do in different combinations.

I look at this roster as full of our fringe prospects and seeing if the Armia Copp combo can show better.

Naturaledge

Dec 31, 2013
My apoligies fellas but, is there a streaming service that I can watch this game on? I've only got 20 minutes to find it and, frankly, it normally takes me 30 minutes to plug my iPad into the tv!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad